Turbokits mtraix turbo?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
DopeVibeGT

Turbokits mtraix turbo?

Post by DopeVibeGT »

Anyone know if this will fit the Vibe? I emailed a little while ago, and they werent sure. I know it will bolt to the engine and such, but will there be a tube routing issue, IE intercooler, etc, or is the matrix/vibe have the same frame, just different ext. panels? I'm itching to get this kit, now that it's a lower price. http://www.turbokits.com/matrix_turbo_kits.html
Pictures of my ride!!'03 Vibe GTMy AED GA!Work in progress
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

matrix xrs = vibe GT = 2zzmatrix xr = vibe base = 1zzshould bolt up just fine only real difference is fog light placement and those shouldnt be in the way.
vibegtcouple

Re: Turbokits mtraix turbo? (DopeVibeGT)

Post by vibegtcouple »

i have been looking at the same kit it should fit . if you get it before me i would like to see it or if you need help i will i'm only 10 min from york . i got all the tools we should need i been working on cars for 10 years . the kit will need some custome even if you own a matrix
mac99d

Re: Turbokits mtraix turbo? (vibegtcouple)

Post by mac99d »

The turbokits.com kit does fit the vibe GT. I installed my kit by myself just before I came over here. If you do get the kit make sure you have an upgraded clutch too. I have had one tune done so far Just after I left, and I am about to get another one done real soon by a place in Cali. The first tune put down 186 at 6000 at the wheels not what I hoped for, but was defiantly a big change. Lots of fun to drive while I was on R&R leave. The current tune does not address the big cam, and that what I am going to get tuned next.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kerrykerry

Re: Turbokits mtraix turbo? (mac99d)

Post by kerrykerry »

186 at the wheels? So you're making like 205hpish at the crank?? How many lbs of boost are you running???
mac99d

Re: Turbokits mtraix turbo? (kerrykerry)

Post by mac99d »

Right now 6 to 7 psi, but I want push 8 maybe 9. My biggest prob is that I am going to be getting stationed in Kansas when I leave here, and I am hearing that they only have 91 octane fuels. That would mean octane booster would be needed for sure to push 8 psi probably even to run just 6 psi, but I am not sure yet I will see how the next tune goes.
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;