Turbocharging/Supercharging the Vibe...no longer available....wow, can we say SUV conspiracy!

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
msl8460

Turbocharging/Supercharging the Vibe...no longer available....wow, can we say SUV conspiracy!

Post by msl8460 »

I'm sure this has been discussed many times, but I've learned that turbocharging or supercharging was available as a dealer-installed option, but alas, that ended like in '05? Any info on how many difficulties are involved? It's funny how GM discouraged performance upgrading of this fuel-efficient car!! My guess is they wanted to steer people toward the SUV. At any rate, I have an '06 base Vibe, and want to turbo or super it when the warranty expires in September '08. I've ordered a Summit catalog and there is a "tuner" section way in the back of the magazine, behind the snake oil section.Any advice would be appreciated. Also would like to find a Vibe Car Club in Colo?Mike LombardDenver, CO
keithvibe

Re: Turbo.../Super... the Vibe (msl8460)

Post by keithvibe »

welcomethe superchargers were only an option for the 03-04 years.. 05-08 converted to dbw, but the superchargers do still work on those but you need an adaptor plate made to make it work. You won't or will have a VERY hard time finding a new charger because they don't make them anymore. Every now and again someone sells their supercharger.Turbo... check out Turbokits.comhttp://www.turbokits.com/matrix_turbo_kits.htm ... opic=51663
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yup they still have aftermarket turbo kits being made by a couple companies, but the supercharger TRD or GMPP kit isnt sold any more and unless some dealer still has 1 they must be found used.