GatorBack & Idler Pulley Shims

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Petrucci914

GatorBack & Idler Pulley Shims

Post by Petrucci914 »

Hey,I just installed the GatorBack belt. It really must tighten a lot more. I had to take the idler pulley off and remove a shim as it was rubbing along the side. I do have to say it idles smoother now, the power seems smoother, and it whines a lot more. A good investment!
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
kevera

Re: GatorBack & Idler Pulley Shims (Petrucci914)

Post by kevera »

You got yours installed before mine ,hope I get the same results.I got my TB installed yesterday and it made a huge difference in my idle.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Is there a problem with the belts or rough idle?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Petrucci914

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Petrucci914 »

Not entirely. The GatorBack has a better design so it will hold tighter around the pulleys, but it is also softer to reduce vibration. I saw it as a noticeable difference over the stock TRD/Dayco. It costs $32.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler