Supercharging a 2007 Pontiac Vibe?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
waveresponder

Supercharging a 2007 Pontiac Vibe?

Post by waveresponder »

what would i need to do to my vibe....im interested in doing it maybe sometime in the future...after looking up some threads on here im still not sure what needs to be done...the 2005 and up models are different than the 2003-2004's?...need an adaptor plate? need some clear advice as to what i would have to do if i were to acquire a "GM supercharger" in the future...not the TRD version....since i would try to keep the warranty....effects on gas mileage?maintainance?horsepower gained?premium fuel right?thanks all..i know there are quite a few on here that have them...not sure if anyone with the year 2005 and up though...thanks to everyone that responds to this..
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

you need the 1zz trd SC kit and the 05+ dbw adapter plate (user is on MO i think). I thought it added hp up to right about where the GT is, so 40-50hp. The gas mileage if you stay out of boost and under 3k rpm could go up, its when you hit boost and drive "spirited" when the mpg goes down. Premium gas yes, not sure if its 91 or 93 needed though. Maintenance should be minimal, i know you should change the snout oil and bearing? at 60k or 100k miles. I was reading the how to for that on new celica.
Raven

Re: Supercharging a 2007 Pontiac Vibe? (waveresponder)

Post by Raven »

Here's all you need to know for installation:http://9thgencorolla.com/forum...46356There will be no warranty with TRD or GM as it would have to be dealer installed and the supercharger kit is not made for '05 and up. I emailed the maker of the adaptor plates a few months ago and he had several left. There's contact info on the link.
waveresponder

Re: (northvibe)

Post by waveresponder »

so i cant use a GM Supercharger?...only a TRD with the adaptor...or can you use the TRD adaptor plate with the GM...or would you have to make a different one?...sorry for all the questions...i know i know this has probably been talked about meany times..its just i missed those times....
Raven

Re: (waveresponder)

Post by Raven »

The GM supercharger is a TRD supercharger. They just put a GM sticker on it. The TRD just happens to be cheaper and more readily available, although now they are both very scarce.
waveresponder

Re: (Raven)

Post by waveresponder »

thats what i was thinking...thanks everyone!