Dyno results

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
4azdmunky

Dyno results

Post by 4azdmunky »

05 Base Vibe 1zzfe (New used engine with near perfect compression), AutoCosmo CAIDCSports HeaderMagnaflow catbackSnow Water InjectionGreddy E-Manage Only 146HP/130torqueI'm actually fairly disappointed. I was expecting 170HP at the wheels, where is the missing 30HP? At this time, I would NOT recommend the SC as a bolt on option. Too expensive of an option, for the $$ I could have gone with a custom turbo setup.

Attached files
keithvibe

Re: Dyno results (4azdmunky)

Post by keithvibe »

well, if you don't want it the supercharger/ with the water injection.. PM me lets chat...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
4azdmunky

Re: Dyno results (keithvibe)

Post by 4azdmunky »

LOL, my wife would have my nutz if i sold it off after everything i went through.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

wait... your married, so just an fyi for you she already has them. HAHAHA
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
4azdmunky

Re: Dyno results (keithvibe)

Post by 4azdmunky »

LOL..wait...ya.....LOL
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

are you taking in account the elevation? remember, dyno's are only a tool to help you get an idea of what you're running. in fairness, unless you get a baseline run (stock) it's hard to see how much you gained. if your baseline was 90 whp and you are now at 146 whp, than that's a decent gain. remember, your stock base AT vibe is really only 130 bhp at best. you are losing power to the ground due to the AT tranny. really, i have learned that dyno's only give part of the story. they won't really reflect how the car handles in real world or life driving. if it makes you feel better, last May we drove 2600 miles for me to get onto the dyno at PDX Tuning in Portland, OR. I have spent a good $6K into my auto LGT and the dyno results weren't even CLOSE to what was expected: 238 awhp/231 awtq. however, when I get to the track and make runs, i'm at 12.8 sec @ 105 mph. obviously, the dyno numbers weren't accurate, however on that day, at that time, i was only making 238 awhp to the ground. so don't get discouraged. as long as the car moves when you put your foot down on the gas, or it makes you smile, that's all that matters. keep in mind, you will always have a little lag with the AT vs an MT. I deal with it too.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
4azdmunky

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by 4azdmunky »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT » if your baseline was 90 whp and you are now at 146 whp, than that's a decent gain. Thats interesting that you mentioned that. The guy that tuned my Greddy, said that he dyno'd a stock 1zz a year ago, it pulled 90 whp.Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »as long as the car moves when you put your foot down on the gas, or it makes you smile, that's all that matters. Yea, its still fun. Except my MPG dropped form 31 to 21 MPG.
AKLGT

Re: (4azdmunky)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by 4azdmunky »Thats interesting that you mentioned that. The guy that tuned my Greddy, said that he dyno'd a stock 1zz a year ago, it pulled 90 whp.ya, that's what i was thinking....Quote »Yea, its still fun. Except my MPG dropped form 31 to 21 MPG.(removed)! well.... i pray to get 18 mpg! summer time i might squeak out a 20 or 21 mpg, but not too often anymore. only if it's hwy driving or i'm driving like a granny. if i'm on the gas, i'll be lucky to get 14 mpg! however, the look on the guy in the big truck's face when i pass him is worth it. LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Post by kevera »

ahahaha(sorry),I'm running stock setup and I still have better numbers.I can't wait till I really set this baby up.I can't complain on cost because I only spent $1500 total,great bang for the buck IMHO.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

well, just remember, every dyno is different. even riotrix's hopped up xrs ran 290 whp on a dyno. he took it to another one, same set up and ran 240 whp! that's a HUGE difference! i know on my subie boards, we talk about it all the time. they're just a tool to help you figure out what you've got. besides, he's in CO. the elevation makes a big difference in power.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
4azdmunky

Re: Dyno results (kevera)

Post by 4azdmunky »

I know right?! I vexes me to spend so much money to not reach what others have stock. Oh well, at lest I have the Mini @ (estimated) 190whp/180 torque and gets almost 37MPG. 0-60 in 6.5 sec. Hoping to get that dyno'd next month, if Alta gets off their butts and sends me the UniChip I ordered a month ago.
xrs06

Post by xrs06 »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »well, just remember, every dyno is different. even riotrix's hopped up xrs ran 290 whp on a dyno. he took it to another one, same set up and ran 240 whp! that's a HUGE difference! The time that Denny's car made over 290whp was when Jay Hass dynoed it himself. So nobody else saw it but him...You're right when you mentionned earlier in the thread the difference in transmission. The parasitic loss of the manual tranny is around 14/15%. The auto trans is more around 22%.So an 8% diff for 146whp is about 12whp.Not too shabby if you ask me It sure ain't a turbo but it's way less money too!
Powered by the "Disco potato".For pics of the car:http://photobucket.com/albums/b141/xrs06/
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

anyone else think his air to fuel ratio is way off?and the only reason why your MPG droped so bad is cause u installed the lead foot optional package thats included in all GT vibes. its a simple theory of we have the HP, why not use it. i get 25mpg every tank, i could do 30 if i didnt know how to have fun.
4azdmunky

Re: (manicdan)

Post by 4azdmunky »

I'm rechecking MPG on this tank. I found a leak in my OCC that I think was making it run rich. It started throwing code about fuel trim to rich, heard a slight hissing sound from the OCC, sprayed it with carb cleaner, the car temporarily ran better. So I bypassed the OCC for this tank and will see if got any better.
zionzr2

Post by zionzr2 »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »....so don't get discouraged. as long as the car moves when you put your foot down on the gas, or it makes you smile, that's all that matters. keep in mind, you will always have a little lag with the AT vs an MT. I deal with it too. So what you are basically saying is that the "(removed) Dyno" is the better judge here?
AKLGT

Re: (manicdan)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by manicdan »anyone else think his air to fuel ratio is way off?and the only reason why your MPG droped so bad is cause u installed the lead foot optional package thats included in all GT vibes. its a simple theory of we have the HP, why not use it. i get 25mpg every tank, i could do 30 if i didnt know how to have fun.I didn't even look. sorry.... Everyone throws up their dyno sheets online on the Subie forums and i just don't really care. most of the time, they are just "dyno queens" because the power numbers and torque numbers look impressive, however once they get those cars on the road/track, they end up being duds. I'd rather see the track/driver results along with the dyno or data logs of the car. besides, we don't even had an awd dyno facility here. as i said before, I drove mine 2600 miles to Portland to slap her on the dyno and that ended up being a huge let down. was expecting a tad under 300 whp and best we could get the car to do was 238 whp at 16 psi (i usually run 21 psi). car threw all kinds of codes and the damn fan blew up on top of my intercooler! so we called it a day and guess I'll never really know. so, atleast you guys have some dyno facilities you can use locally!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

I didn't read everyones reply, but I can tell you that unless you get your fuel ratio correct even flow your stock injectors, if you ca go to bigger injectors do so, take a look at the signal that your MAF is giving, that was a big issue for me the MAF on these motors is very sensitive when it come o cfm (cubic foot per meter) of air. The MAF in stock set up reads about 300-400cfm as air passes by. With your intake and whatever else I suspect you are moving aroung 500-600 cfm. this is going to cause you to have poor performance. Simply, you may be at 1/2 throttle and the MAF will read that your throttle position is wide open becuase of this increase in cfm (MAF will read that you are at maximum cfm. Simply with the bolt ons that you have you are moving more air (cfm) across the MAF sensor which will cause issues. Secondly you have to be careful that with the emanage will lose control of the motor. Yes I said lose control. The Toyota ecu will reset it self as it learns from your bolt ons and actually take over where the emanage is supposed again limiting your performance.Finally if you are adding more fuel you need to be sue you have control of timing. The 1zz motor, timing, and emanage are a bit quirky, if you don't have one I suggest you purchase the boomslang harness to correct that issue.I think if you take the time to address those issues correctly you will find your lost HP. Hope that helps1. air/fuel2. MAF3. Timing
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Ok so the OCC was defiantly screwing things up. usually i get around 100-110 MPG (pre-boosted) for each 1/4 tick mark on the gas gauge. Today I'm around 95, up from 73 on the last tank.
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Quote, originally posted by BLAQJAQ »Finally if you are adding more fuel you need to be sue you have control of timing. The 1zz motor, timing, and emanage are a bit quirky, if you don't have one I suggest you purchase the boomslang harness to correct that issue.I think if you take the time to address those issues correctly you will find your lost HP. Hope that helps1. air/fuel2. MAF3. TimingI did go with the BoomSlang, didnt want to hack up the harness and get something wrong. I looked at the tables in the e-manage, those are the only three tables where any adjustments were made.I hope it was tuned right, MAC was the only place I could find that would even look at the e-manage, and Nick really seemed to know what he was doing.
kevera

Post by kevera »

Dude,whats OCC?If you are looking for more gains,I suggest getting another management system
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

+1wtf is OCC??? ya, you know me???(removed)
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
4azdmunky

Re: (kevera)

Post by 4azdmunky »

LOL OCC = Oil Catch Can.
kevera

Post by kevera »

It's called a catch can
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ah! LOLI don't have one... don't think i need it either, but they do look pretty.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

As others said, you did not do bad! Get the chip and tune it and you may see more. At least you got it dyno'ed. Nothing worse then guessing and added up numbers from the manf claims from their bolt on part. I think everyone gets a little disappointed after a Dyno but once it is understood where the lost power goes, you understand. Plus your engine is actully making more at the crank which you know already. So the engine is really making a lot for you, just not at the wheels. The only time I really doubt Dyno numbers is when people spray turbo intercoolers with whatever chemical it is they do or use dry ice, and then Dyno the car and post the numbers. Obviously not a real world example. You can find these things on the web and it is just such a joke. An SRT4 Neon comes to my mind...
drunkenmaxx

Re: Dyno results (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by MiVibe-ToolGuy » Nothing worse then guessing and added up numbers from the manf claims from their bolt on part. no kidding, i know a company that sells an exhaust for the g6 that claims like 15-20 hp gain. with no proof of course, they always say that a dyno proves nothing when you ask for one.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
ToolGuy

Re: Dyno results (drunkenmaxx)

Post by ToolGuy »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenmaxx »no kidding, i know a company that sells an exhaust for the g6 that claims like 15-20 hp gain. with no proof of course, they always say that a dyno proves nothing when you ask for one.I beleive I know of this, either you or Fish posted the link to this company maybe even from a G6 forum. Sad companies just want your money and issue false claims as well to go with it...
drunkenmaxx

Re: Dyno results (MiVibe-ToolGuy)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

yeah, it was me. i would release the name, but i don't want to be booted from said website.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

what???? you can't add up the claimed HP numbers to get your total HP????LOL. I know several people who have done this... or I know of other vendors on my subie forums who claim all kinds of power gains on various systems. yes, they do dyno test the numbers, however, they aren't just adding it to a stock car, but to an already modified car and then TUNING for it. obviously, you would not see those kinds of gains if you were to just bolt it onto a stock car without tuning. and i only use the dry ice method when i'm at the track and hot lapping the car.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

I'm already at 400HP.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I'm at 900!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

I just added some stickers,...they are yellow, So that should give me 60 more WHP and take me to 200 right?
Dezz1

Post by Dezz1 »

No, No, No. Yellow Stickers give you an additional 90 hp, not 60.
Even Free isn't Free, Someone has to pay for it. Check Out My Vibehttp://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/571609