Split Second Unit

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Petrucci914

Split Second Unit

Post by Petrucci914 »

Anybody look into this?It looks like it's only meant to control a single injector so it'd work for our 5th injector but wouldn't replace the TRD unit. So what exactly does our TRD unit do? I'm assuming it increases the fuel flow from the stock injectors. It'd be nice to replace the TRD unit......Unichip is an option but I'd have to go far for a dynotune. Not sure what else to do.Gonna do a tranny upgrade first but just thinking out loud.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
xrs06

Re: Split Second Unit (Petrucci914)

Post by xrs06 »

Quote, originally posted by Petrucci914 »It'd be nice to replace the TRD unit......Unichip is an option but I'd have to go far for a dynotune.A dyno tune is a must when you go piggyback/standalone.As far as having to go far for a tune, I drove 11 hours to go to MWR for my tune. And another 11 hours the same day to go back home.At the end, it will pay for itself in whp AND reliability.
Powered by the "Disco potato".For pics of the car:http://photobucket.com/albums/b141/xrs06/
Petrucci914

Re: Split Second Unit (xrs06)

Post by Petrucci914 »

What units does MWR dynotune? Unichip?They in the Upper or Lower Michigan Peninsula?
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
kevera

Post by kevera »

That's the secret brother.I picked the split second AIC1 a few months ago,yet to install it.It looks real easy to tune,but you will have to hit a dyno for best results.175 horses FTW.Do it.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Petrucci914

Re: Split Second Unit (kevera)

Post by Petrucci914 »

You thought you could hold out on me until Spring, didn't you, you SOB!? But that's just controlling the 5th injector. Isn't the main purpose of the 5th injector to cool the supercharger and improve detonation? I would think the main 4 injectors would use a tuning as well. Or are they not touched very much by the TRD Unit?
kevera

Post by kevera »

You can squeeze 25 whp out of just tuning the 5th injector.Then you can put your CAI on and pick up w/i,and the smaller pulley and your set for action.I'm all ready for a tune in the spring,wuhoo.Dude,for $283 you can't go wrong.The trd unit controls the 5th injector and timing.Some guys have removed them,but I'm just taging into the 5th injector.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

I think 10HP is the most you can get. At least that's what they got from tuning a SC'd Matrix on the site.Man, Wet Injection really sounds like a pain in the (removed).
kevera

Post by kevera »

I saw that too.But when I talked to them,they assured me that that was a mild tune,but with a more aggressive tune,you could yield more.Plus,some of the 9thgen guys have made those numbers.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Water injetion isn't that much of a pain, I have it on mine. I also have the SS AIC1, but also have yet to install it as it needs to be tuned and the closest place I can take my car to have it done is in Long Beach, and it's about $200 from what I understand to have it dyno-tuned.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
kevera

Re: Split Second Unit (damronjr)

Post by kevera »

How long have you had that?I guess I can't say anything because I still haven't installed my w/i yet either.It's sitting beside me in the box.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »How long have you had that?I guess I can't say anything because I still haven't installed my w/i yet either.It's sitting beside me in the box. Not sure, a LONG time! lol Years.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
xrs06

Post by xrs06 »

Quote, originally posted by Petrucci914 »What units does MWR dynotune? Unichip?They in the Upper or Lower Michigan Peninsula?I don't think they tune the unichip...Emanage, Hydra, PFC I'm sure, the others not sure.For their location:http://monkeywrenchracing.com/contact_us.html