Ground wire question for the guys with S/C.

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
kevera

Ground wire question for the guys with S/C.

Post by kevera »

I just recently bought a set of ground wires,and had a question about where to run the wire for the alternator.Since a new pulley is added, there isn't very much room to safely bolt it on the alternator bracket,as I'm afraid of the clearances being so close to the belt.I don't have any pics,but some suggestions would be great.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Petrucci914

Re: Ground wire question for the guys with S/C. (kevera)

Post by Petrucci914 »

I'll look the next few days and see where the best placement would be. I would think that you'd run it underneath the supercharger, or above it with the wiring harness and then run it through that cut-out channel below the SC cone.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Took mine off a LONG time ago, so I have no clue, but didn't want you to think I didn't see the thread or care to respond!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
RePo

Post by RePo »

Do you suppose that the alternator mounting bracket, being solid steel and bolted directly to the engine block, would be an adequate ground already?
I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code
kevera

Re: Ground wire question for the guys with S/C. (RePo)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Took mine off a LONG time ago, so I have no clue, but didn't want you to think I didn't see the thread or care to respond! Thanks Buddy. Quote, originally posted by RePo »Do you suppose that the alternator mounting bracket, being solid steel and bolted directly to the engine block, would be an adequate ground already?That's a good point.I already have one of the wires on the block itself.That makes me wonder why people say that it's important to run a ground wire directly to the alternator bracket.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

because those grounds not at the - battery are less than the battery for ground. from noise and things...also you cant really have true ground, but the best ground is at the - battery...so if you ran a cable from the - battery to the alt. it would be a very good ground.
kevera

Re: (northvibe)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »because those grounds not at the - battery are less than the battery for ground. from noise and things...also you cant really have true ground, but the best ground is at the - battery...so if you ran a cable from the - battery to the alt. it would be a very good ground.How many Redbulls have you had today. That's why I'm asking where to put it,because there isn't any room,in my opinion,to attach it safely without hitting the belt.
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

lol...kev.. funny you asked about ground wires I just asked blue crucsh about his that he has for sale betwwen the ground wires and boost gauge I'm going to keep you very busy
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR