Before and After Dyno Pull Videos

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
DiveNut

Before and After Dyno Pull Videos

Post by DiveNut »

Here are the before and after dyno pulls. Before = with CAI and Unichiphttp://s46.photobucket.com/alb...o.flvAfter = GM Performance Parts SC kit, Factory ECU/SC Piggy Back & Factory Air Box. http://s46.photobucket.com/alb...o.flvThe shop indicated that the factory ECU is tuned very conservatively and is running very fat (rich). Will definitely be able to wring more out of it with tuning.After the holidays I will post dyno pull after I re-install my CAI and Unichip (Shop will be modifying my wiring harness dyno tuning it.)
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
kevera

Re: Before and After Dyno Pull Videos (DiveNut)

Post by kevera »

That's about where I was,but I had 10ftlbs more torque.Was that last pull done on a cold engine.My first pull netted 161hp and 146ftlbs,but unfortunately that wasn't logged and I drove about an hour for the dyno,so heat was a major factor.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
DiveNut

Re: Before and After Dyno Pull Videos (kevera)

Post by DiveNut »

You got 161 HP at the wheels? Damn, That's like 200 HP at flywheel. What kind of ECU are you using? That's a hell of a lot more HP than the stock SC setup.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

damronjr

Post by damronjr »

I wish I could dyno mine, need to find a place around here to do it!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

heat is a huge factor! when i drove down to PDX Tuning this past summer to finalize some tuning on their AWD Mustang (no AWD Dyno in AK), my car was hot as hell and it only logged 238 awhp and 231 awtq. obviously that's not right since I'm running 12.86 @ 105 mph ETs. they guesstimate i'm closer to 300 whp, but no way to tell. also, the temp in the shop where you're dyno'ing the car also makes a difference. same car on the same dyno with a diff temp inside the shop will also show diff power rates. all you can really do is use it for a baseline. you know on that day at that time, your car made x power and y tq. that's your baseline so when you start adding more things or tweaking the tune, you can use it for comparison. of course it will not be exact, but it will at least give you an idea of what to expect.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Post by kevera »

It was my first pull,so I'm not sure what happened.Because after that it was a steady 149..But the weird thing was the torque stayed the same.Heat was a major factor though.I'm just running the s/c kit bone stock with the stock air box and TRD piggy.But as you mentioned our setups run super rich and the key to grabbing as much hp out of these s/c's is leaning them out to a safe level.I'm really curious to see your numbers with the uni-chip,but be warned from what I have discovered you may be disappointed.
Raven

Post by Raven »

I know it's nice to get high numbers but isn't it more realistic to also have the numbers with a hot engine. This is the actual HP you'll be driving around with.
kevera

Re: Before and After Dyno Pull Videos (Sunny)

Post by kevera »

You are correct.But the high numbers are for bragging rights.
Kamikaze

Post by Kamikaze »

NICE!!!
August 2009 VOTM Click HERE for my Garage
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Overall I am happy as pigs in dirt with the SC. Like driving a new car! The kit claims a 30% increase in HP and like 23 more Ft Lbs TQ (at the fly wheel)...Which is virtually what was acheived. I am glad it met the claims...So many products claim HP/TQ gains that are sometimes not matched in real world applications. It's also amazing how much power is lost through the drive train....shops claims can be up to 24-25% with auto transmissions. (I miss a manual trans)As far as the UNICHIP goes...what the hell, any found HP is OK with me...it's gotta be better than the stock unit. Time will tell.And YES, I am now addicted to Boost folks! (It's all your fault folks! This forum got me thinking SC.)

kevera

Post by kevera »

I know what you mean about the drive-train loss on the auto,20-25% is about right.I'm still curious why your torques numbers were low.I also bet your gains with the uni-chip will be between 8-10hp.I'll bet you a beer that I'm right.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ha ha. tell me about it. my awd system and my auto loses a good 25% at the drivetrain.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Raven

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by Raven »

On my 4x4 truck the losses are about 33%.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I know what you mean about the drive-train loss on the auto,20-25% is about right.I'm still curious why your torques numbers were low.I also bet your gains with the uni-chip will be between 8-10hp.I'll bet you a beer that I'm right. You're probably right about those gains with the Unichip. But when I was running the unichip everything seemed much more efficient and smoother. It'd also be nice to lean out this fat rich pig a bit.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
kevera

Re: Before and After Dyno Pull Videos (Petrucci914)

Post by kevera »

The key to pulling power out of the s/c is leaning the mixture out.The uni-chip is good,but very conservative.I had the uni-chip also,but from the dyno results I saw with the s/c,the upgrade wasn't worth it(hp to dollar wise).The other options are the way to go for more aggressive tuning.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

But you didn't run the Unichip on the SC did you? You'd have to do a custom tune for it and then I think it would be good. Any other way to lean things out without paying that much?
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
kevera

Post by kevera »

The price of everything turned me off.With the upgraded harness,turbo module and 2 hours of dyno tune,I was looking at $900.The shop and uni-chip told me to expect roughly 8-12hp with a tune.That's $75 per horse.Way to rich for such low gains.There are a few options for us,which I will be trying out in the spring.Figuring 18-25 hp for less than half the price and then I will be able to run my CAI that's collecting dust in the garage.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

Holy crap. What options are these? I was told that it's impossible to break 200HP with our setup. I don't know how else we could lean things out without using a form of fuel management, or are there certain injectors that can be used to restrict?
kevera

Post by kevera »

I might be stretching the truth on 35hp,but 20-25 is about right with the auto,and that's to the wheels.It can't be achieved without an engine management,and a good tune.Be patient and I will pass the knowledge when the time comes.So,put some money away,and buy yourself one of those pulleys to get you started.http://www.urdusa.com/product_...00075
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

I thought getting those pulleys to put you at 10PSI is a bad thing since you'll more than likely go above and beyond that........which is bad for the engine and supercharger. Is 2.3" the stock size?
kevera

Post by kevera »

Stock size is 2.4 and buy the 2.3 from urd.The pulley bumps you up to 9 psi.Most guys are running them with the turd piggy with no problems.The only thing to worry about is pinging at WOT at higher rpm's.Trust me,I wouldn't have bought one if they were going to be a problem.BTW,did you ever get that boost gauge installed yet,and what level of boost are you at.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

So go with the 2.3 versus the 2.1? No, didn't get boost gauge installed. Trying to find a male/male NPT fitting for the supercharger and can't find one. I can hook a T to the solenoid line but I'd prefer to use the input on the SC unit.
kevera

Post by kevera »

Yeah,the 2.1 is a little wild and would be asking for trouble.What gauge did you buy and was it brand new,because my gauge came with all the fittings to put it on the s/c port.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

Got an Autometer. I posted pictures under 'Gauge Pod Woes' of what was included. There is the threaded part where you put the line through the ferrule, and then screw on the cover over there, but it doesn't have a threaded portion on the other end to screw into the unit.