UNICHIP and SC

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Petrucci914

UNICHIP and SC

Post by Petrucci914 »

So I'm thinking that if my Unichip doesn't sell or I get no good offers, I'm going to just get it working for the supercharger. I don't want to run 10PSI so I want to keep it close to stock. I talked to a guy at Unichip and he said that they have one for the stock setup and that it is rated UP TO 10PSI, not mapped specifically for it. Lancer told me not to get that map because it ran too rich and messed up his engine. Can I get the Supercharger adapter and keep the map I already have on it? My guess would be not since it would be running too lean, but now it runs too rich. Seems like a dynotune is almost a must now. Thoughts?
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yup I think you'd have to have it tuned to get it to run how you want, aka like stock.
kevera

Re: UNICHIP and SC (Petrucci914)

Post by kevera »

That's the same dilemma I ran into with my uni-chip.But the price to get it working for the s/c frightened the hell out of me,so I sold it.Unichip told me a dyno tune was a must and the "Turbo Module" had to be added.The gains weren't worth it to me.But the good thing about the unichip is then you can run the CAI.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
DiveNut

Re: UNICHIP and SC (kevera)

Post by DiveNut »

I'm having mine done here. Remapping for the SC, CAI, 93 Octane. They have been good to deal with in the past.http://www.sfxperformance.com/...M.htm
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
kevera

Re: UNICHIP and SC (DiveNut)

Post by kevera »

It needs more than a remap for the s/c.The harness has to be upgraded and a module added.Lancer would be the guy to talk to about that.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Petrucci914

Re: UNICHIP and SC (kevera)

Post by Petrucci914 »

Ya, there's a whole adapter and such you need. In the end you'll be replacing the TRD ecu piggyback, and the TRD adapter piece. You'll just be using the new wiring clips that you ran the red and 3 other wires to.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
DiveNut

Re: UNICHIP and SC (Petrucci914)

Post by DiveNut »

Hey thanks folks! I appreciate the info.
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)