Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
northvibe

2zz turbo under 2k?!

Post by northvibe »

mmm...come on....seriously?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Petrucci914

Re: 2zz turbo under 2k?! (northvibe)

Post by Petrucci914 »

I saw that kit before. But to get that much horsepower wouldn't you have to modify the internals? And has anyone ever heard of a Godspeed turbo? Probably get as much HP from this as you would from those electric superchargers.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

There is no EMS with it + tuning would cost $$.I am considering the 1zz kit they have on there.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
duck3

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by duck3 »

I've talked to guys that have seen this kits online. They say the turbos and tubing usually are crap and don't even fit right half the time. ie. Purchase at your own risk. and agreed with the other guys....you gotta tune it still! The compression ration is way too high on the 2zz motor. Normal is 8:5:1, the 2zz is running it at 11:5:1 meaning you could only get a couple of pounds of boost and for what you'd be paying, the gain would be negligible.
keithvibe

Re: 2zz turbo under 2k?! (northvibe)

Post by keithvibe »

I love the comment about Warranty: (90 DAYS WARRANTY IF INSTALLED BY PROFESSIONAL )who dictates a professional? you could have a well trained auto tec with 30-40 years of fixing cars under his belt, but has never installed a turbo or a shade tree mechanic who doesn't own his own business but does 10 installs a year or more in his garage.Thats a bad way to say... your screwed... if you buy this.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.