2.5 Exhaust piping

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vibe Freak

2.5 Exhaust piping

Post by vibe Freak »

I am going to have a TRD S/C installed. I will be running a JP Performance header as well. What I want to know is 2.5 pipping from the header back to big ? I am planing on running a Magnaflow cat with a Magnaflow resonator and Magnaflow muffler. This will be on a automatic transmission. Thanks for your in put
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
Raven

Re: 2.5 Exhaust piping (vibe Freak)

Post by Raven »

If you get the Magnaflow cat and the full Magnaflow cat-back system you'll be good. You're better off getting the system than piecing together components one by one. I'm not sure what size piping they use but I think it's 2 1/4" which is plenty.
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by vibe Freak »I am going to have a TRD S/C installed. I will be running a JP Performance header as well. What I want to know is 2.5 pipping from the header back to big ? I am planing on running a Magnaflow cat with a Magnaflow resonator and Magnaflow muffler. This will be on a automatic transmission. Thanks for your in putIf you were staying N/A I would say yes, but with the SC it will be fine...
vibe Freak

Re: 2.5 Exhaust piping (Sublimewind)

Post by vibe Freak »

TUBING KITS COME WITH MANDREL BENT TUBING, HANGERS, FLANGES, GASKETS, NUTS AND BOLTS. THESE KITS HAVE TO BE WELDED TOGETHER OR FOR 60.00 EXTRA YOU CAN HAVE THE HANGERS AND FLANGES PRE-WELDED SO ALL THAT HAS TO BE DONE IS WELD ON THE MUFFLER YOU ARE GOING TO USE.2.25 OR 2.5 INCH, ALUMINZIED STEEL= 125.002.25 OR 2.5 INCH, STAINLESS STEEL= 195.002.25 OR 2.5 INCH, *BOLT-ON*, ALUMINZIED STEEL=185.002.25 OR 2.5 INCH, *BOLT-ON*, STAINLESS STEEL=265.003 INCH, ALUMINZIED STEEL= 150.003 INCH, STAINLESS STEEL= 225.003 INCH, *BOLT-ON*, ALUMINZIED STEEL= 210.003 INCH, *BOLT-ON*, STAINLESS STEEL= 285.00I going to go with there pipping kit an adding my own resonator and muffler and cat. It will be like the JP performance mind pipe only 2.5. I will have the header , mind pipe and then the axle back exhaust.
RFP1 17x8 , AFE Cold Air Intake, Helix Power Tower Plus, Eibach Sportline Springs with Tokico Blues, Progress sway bar, Alutec OEM Sized Lightened Crank Pulley full custom Magnaflow 2.5 header back exhaust and B&M tranny cooler E/S inserts Unichip.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

If you go 3" stainless steel, you will be very limited to a muffler that won't sound obscenly loud.Remember, you can't weld stainless to mild steel. Well, you can but it wont last a month.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

2.5 will be plenty. get it done and post it up.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
vibe Freak

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by vibe Freak »

Well I received my VRS 2.5 piping kit today. This Monday I will be down at Pro-muffler having them weld a custom 2.5 Header back custom exhaust... I cant wait .
vibe Freak

Re: (vibe Freak)

Post by vibe Freak »

The car is an animal !!!! It has so much torque it is spinning the wheels of the line. Who know that all Thas from an exhaust.
Petrucci914

Post by Petrucci914 »

I wish mine did that.
2003 Pontiac Vibe Base - AutomaticTRD Supercharger w/ Smoothflow PulleyaFe Drop-in Filter - DC Sports HeaderFull 2.25" Exhaust -Magnaflow Catback + CatsOptima RedTop - Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by vibe Freak »The car is an animal !!!! It has so much torque it is spinning the wheels of the line. Who know that all Thas from an exhaust. It's actually all from the Helix Power Tower Plus! The Supercharger is just a noise maker.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
vibe Freak

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by vibe Freak »

Good call Brian. Still working on the exhaust. I will keep you guys up to date on the new exhaust....