Post by turbogt »

im turboing my 03 gt and im lookin for a turbo manifold. can anyone help me out
tcam

Re: turbo exhaust manifold (turbogt)

Post by tcam »

wouldn't a turbo kit come with an exhaust manifold?welcome to GVC by the way
manicdan

Post by manicdan »

id love to see any info u have about turboing a GTand the only advice i have is matrixowners.com since they are the same as us
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

http://www.turbo-kits.com/matrix_turbo_kits.htmlyou may have to get custom work done on the exhaust manifold for the turbo....
sagekai

Post by sagekai »

welcome to gv! don't forget to throw up some pics and vid clips when you get it done!
2003 Vibe Base- Silver Two-Tone, Injen CAI, Sony X-Plod Head Unit, 16" Voxx MG Rims, Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs, Painted Rear Brakes, OEM Exhaust Tip, Custom Rear Seat Back Covers MiVibe-ToolGuy's Fog Lamp Protectors, 111K Miles!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

welcome. as others have already pointed out, matrixowners will have a lot more info on turbo'ing the 2zz engine than here. i've seen a few XRS's but so far, no Vibe GT's with proven numbers. there was a guy here who said he had, but had nothing to show us....
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
drunkenmaxx

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

ha ha! stupid fast. faster than a stealth bomber... by a lot.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
joholste

Re: (drunkenmaxx)

Post by joholste »

There's a guy on MO.com right now that has a 2zz manifold that he didn't sell to me. His SN is LaserMcKnight. I don't know if he still has it or not but i know i bought the rest of his kit off of him
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
turbogt

Re: (manicdan)

Post by turbogt »

well ya it would but im not gettin a kit me and my buddy are doin it ourselfs and i dont want to have to cut into my stock manifold incase **** happens and i have to take the turbo out.
turbogt

Re: (turbogt)

Post by turbogt »

any one know how much lbs the stock fuel injectors spray on the 2zz
BlueCrush

Re: (turbogt)

Post by BlueCrush »

Don't know the lbs. but they are approx. 330-340cc. Not enough for a Turbo on a 2ZZ.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
tcam

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by tcam »

http://monkeywrenchracing.com has a bunch of upgraded parts that you'll probably need. such as the injectors you asked aboutjust curious, r u planning on upgrading your internals too?
turbogt

Re: (tcam)

Post by turbogt »

right now i dont have money for internals yet. i dont plan on pushing over 7 or 8 lbs of boost... i figure that should be plenty to get the extra kick i need. i heard something about having to re-calibrate the valves on the 2zz every 60,000 miles, any one know any more about that.