Greddy 2zz Supercharger!!

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
vibe_commander

Greddy 2zz Supercharger!!

Post by vibe_commander »

Greddy's Celica 2zz Supercharger is out! http://www.greddy.com. The part number is 11511504 for $3495 USD. Could we adapt it to the Vibe GT? It's a lot more reasonably priced than the Blitz kit. I know we've talked this to death already, but could it work without too much hassle?[IMG][/IMG]P.S. If my photo doesn't post as part of the message would someone please help me out, the "insert image" procedure eludes me. Gracias.

Attached files
viberationz

Re: Greddy 2zz Supercharger!! (vibe_commander)

Post by viberationz »

Sweet! I've been looking all over - and reading forums constantly. Curious if there is a engine upgrade available for my '03 Vibe GT - This is getting me excited... POWER!!
'03 Monotone Black Vibe GT5% Tint, 147.7DB System, Pioneer AVIC-N1, 2G Wiring, Red Calipers, APC Race Seats, Red Interior Accents, 'Big' Breaks, 1 Big fart can out back, 18" Platinum XCess Wheels, Federal SS595 Tires
frostyGT

Post by frostyGT »

This looks nice. I don't see why it couldn't be adapted for us. I think, but am not sure, that the main issue would be the ECU management. I'm sure that in maybe 6 months Greddy might come up with a Vibe solution. Just enough time to get the supercharger savings fund going!!!
R.I.P. Frosty GTReplaced by 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T
frostyGT

Website

Post by frostyGT »

Here's a dealer selling the celica kit for $2700 shipped! http://www.hopupracing.com/grsukittoceg.html
Faultline

Re: Website (frostyGT)

Post by Faultline »

I see that theXB gets the m45 , but the gt-s gets the m62. The m62 is the size I wish they had for the factory 1zz kit. Anyway, I bet is would bolt up.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Raven

Re: Website (Faultline)

Post by Raven »

It has a Greddy E-Manage for tuning, so it could easily be made to work if the manifold is the same.
frostyGT

Re: Website (Sunny)

Post by frostyGT »

I emailed Greddy West about a SC kit for the Vibe 2zz. I'll post if they respond.
mcgusto82

Re: Website (frostyGT)

Post by mcgusto82 »

i read somewhere about ta supercharger fot the celica gts A LONG TIME ago. this just reminded me. this was before the vibe. this might be the same kit. the one i'm talking about was putting 190 hp to the wheels. if this the one, then it doesn't seem worth it.but something is better than nothing.
frostyGT

Re: Website (mcgusto82)

Post by frostyGT »

This kit is brand new, only released a few days ago. Should be about a 50 whp gain, but will provide gains across the band. This should give the GT a much needed boost in the lower band.
frostyGT

Greddy

Post by frostyGT »

Here is what Greddy had to say:Quote, originally posted by Greddy »Thanks for your interest in GReddy ProductsWe just received the first shipment of our new Celica Supercharger kit. The kit comes with a cast Aluminum GReddy intake manifold, a MP62 Magna-charger, with bypass, a preprogrammed emanage Ultimate piggy-back ECU, and 440cc upgraded injectors. The kit has only been tested to be compatible with the 2000-02 manual trans. Celica GTS only (Cable Throttle versions), so far. Out test have show an increase in power of about 80hp and 40 ft/lbs at 0.6kg/cm2 (8.5psi) when using the 2nd program and our Airinx Intake Kit.Please keep in touch with your favorite Authorized Greddy dealer for moreupdates. http://greddy.com under DEALERSCurrently we have not confirmed compatibility on any other 2ZZ-GE equipped vehicle (like the 03-05 Celica GTS, Celica AT, Matrix XRS, Vibe GT, Corolla XRS or Lotus) But we may soon..80 hp and 40 ft/lb??? Oh man....
goodvibe

Post by goodvibe »

My guess is that it will work for Vibes up to drive by wire throttle models.
Vibe GT, TRD springs, Progress bar, STB, Unichip, Borbet E 16x7.5, 225/50 Bridgestone RE750, beefed up grounds and battery bypass capacitors(had em laying around)
mcgusto82

Re: (goodvibe)

Post by mcgusto82 »

80 hp, and 40lb/ft. that is defenately worth it. defenately looking interesting.who will be the first guiney pig??sad about the throttle by wire guys.
VibeGriff

hmmm...

Post by VibeGriff »

I am wondering if this would work on the 1ZZ-FE, i was planning on getting the GReddy E-Manage any ways so this would be good. I think the main thing stopping this from going on a 1ZZ-FE would be the bolt pattern for the intake manifold. It may even be safer on the 1ZZ-FE due to lower compression, even though our rods are weaker (and thats why there are thick head gaskets.) Is there a difference in the two? I have no clue. Can anyone else see any differences, because I am fed up with the TRD supercharger, its price and its ECU, thus i never got one.
2003 Base Vibe: Lava Two Tone- Apex'i Super Ground - Kenwoods up front, Infinitys in the back- Alpine CDA 9805 - LEDs and Neons about.- Modified Air Box - TRD High Flow Air Filter- TRD Strut Tower Bar - TWM Short Throw Shifter- TWM Weighted Shift Knob - Brass Shifter Bushings- Lots of parts sitting in my room....and no time....
VibeGriff

Re: hmmm... (VibeGriff)

Post by VibeGriff »

looking at a picture of a 1ZZ-FE head and that picture up there they look compatible. http://fred777.free.fr/MR/prepa/DSC03229.jpg I wonder what else would stop it from working?
2003 Base Vibe: Lava Two Tone- Apex'i Super Ground - Kenwoods up front, Infinitys in the back- Alpine CDA 9805 - LEDs and Neons about.- Modified Air Box - TRD High Flow Air Filter- TRD Strut Tower Bar - TWM Short Throw Shifter- TWM Weighted Shift Knob - Brass Shifter Bushings- Lots of parts sitting in my room....and no time....
ballrub

Re: (mcgusto82)

Post by ballrub »

I know all the people at Greddy, and will check into this. If they need a guiney pig, I will volunteer! I'll keep you posted when I hear back from them!
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
VibeGriff

Re: (ballrub)

Post by VibeGriff »

Wish i could be the guinee pig, but i think im too far away. But thanks for looking into it. The only other thing that i thought may get in the way would be the throttle body and intake, but that could all beasily changed.
ballrub

Re: (VibeGriff)

Post by ballrub »

I talked to Mike Chung (Asst. Mgr. Product Planning), and they are interested. I sent him some info reminding him of my car and it's mods (fits the criteria they were looking for--no major engine mods other than my short ram intake and cat-back exhaust).I pitched them on doing an article for this website (and a couple of others) and possible magazine editorial as well, so have all my bases covered. It now just depends on when it's convenient for Greddy to see what's needed to make this work on our cars.I will keep you all posted the minute I hear back from them.
2003 Vibe GT Shadow............"The SHADOW Knows!"Dec. 2004 Vibe of the Month html/vo...shtml
Psychobroker

Re: (ballrub)

Post by Psychobroker »

Quote, originally posted by ballrub »I know all the people at Greddy, and will check into this. If they need a guiney pig, I will volunteer! I'll keep you posted when I hear back from them! Or me! Although, I'm strapped for funds, so they'd have to sponsor me lol
lil DIABLO

Post by lil DIABLO »

this is the best news that i have seen on here i can't wait to hear more on this
03 vibe gtcosmo caimagnaflow cat-backdc sport headerkyb gr-2 strutshotchkis lowering springs
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

so i looked at gm parts direct at the cost of the GM one, and is this some april fools theirs is more expensive than the gm part http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/r...98927ok and someone needs to try thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
drunkenmaxx

Re: (northvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »so i looked at gm parts direct at the cost of the GM one, and is this some april fools theirs is more expensive than the gm part http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/r...98927dude, it's for the gt! gm won't even make an attempt at that!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
KingTen91

Re: Greddy 2zz Supercharger!!

Post by KingTen91 »

So did anyone ever figure anything out about this?? Definitely would be helpful cause I'm trying to decide between supercharger or turbocharger..
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

MWR has them or did. If you have the 2zz you are better off with the SC or stay small on the Turbo. With 11.5-1 compression ratio they won't take a lot of boost
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

Salsa Guy wrote:MWR has them or did. If you have the 2zz you are better off with the SC or stay small on the Turbo. With 11.5-1 compression ratio they won't take a lot of boost
You can get pistons to lower the compression ratio, but that's really, really costly. In the 2ZZ engine, it's to my understanding that you can't overbore or hone the block unless you sleeve the cylinders. And the only sleeves I know of are $350, plus pistons with different compression ratios are $550 to $1000. Although, I don't think most people are willing to do that, and if you DO build your engine like that, people will start the "lipstick on a pig" "could have done it cheaper with XY car" comments.
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
troyguitar

Post by troyguitar »

Didn't one of the Lotus Elise/Exige models come with a supercharged 2ZZ-GE? That hardware should presumably be able to be adapted to the Vibe/Matrix/Corolla/Celica 2ZZ-equipped cars.
2005 Vibe GT
2004 Z06