Take me for a ride

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Merzbow

Take me for a ride

Post by Merzbow »

Before I consider this whole supercharger thing I need to be sure I want it. $3000 for 30 horsepower does not seem like a good deal to me but I do want one anyways.I was wondering if anyone around the Detroit area would be willin to meet up with me and let me ride in your supercharged automatic Vibe or Matrix. I could treat to lunch or something afterwards...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Faultline

Re: Take me for a ride (Merzbow)

Post by Faultline »

Lunch? what kind of lunch?
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Well since you'd be coming from Cali I would treat you to lunch downtown and MAYBE if you're lucky a ride in my mom's Taurus...complete with alloys, 4cyl auto and a single disk cd player!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

It'll be more then 30hp with your intake and exhaust. If you mod the engine any more you'll get even better power. I think for a first time boosted car and doing things yourself, a s/c would be the perfect start.You will not be dissapointed with the s/c!Oh, an there's a Unichip Tuner in your home town @ : Detroit tuned18071 15Mile Rd.Clinton Twp, Michigan 48035586 296 6001http://www.detroittuned.com/Also (w/ mustang dyno)@:AYA RACING2882 Remico St SWGRANDVILLE, Michigan 49418616-530-4621kaz@ayaracing.comhttp://www.ayaracing.com/
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Faultline

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »Well since you'd be coming from Cali I would treat you to lunch downtown and MAYBE if you're lucky a ride in my mom's Taurus...complete with alloys, 4cyl auto and a single disk cd player!!!A cd player?! It just might be worth the drive out!...But, I do not qualify I dont have a SC, I have a turbo, otherwise.....Lancer is right about the power. If you compare the 1z SC and the 2z stock, you will find a lot more torque down low and power thru out the whole power band with the 1z SC. You cant really look at it like you are paying so much $$ per HP. I mean , the Vibe gt cost about 3k more for the same type of gains. It will be like you are getting a whole new car when you stick on the SC.I did my turbo mod when I had 4k miles on my car. I reasoned in my head that It was like adding fifty or sixty dollars to my monthly car payment, and that did not seem to bad.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Pablo1669

Re: Take me for a ride (Lancer)

Post by Pablo1669 »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »You will not be dissapointed with the s/c!Until you get to college and the expenses start racking up. Then you will wish you saved the 3,000 you barely scraped together while in high school. Read the notice at the bottom of Drunkenvibe's signature, it really is good advice.
-Brian
drunkenmaxx

Re: Take me for a ride (Pablo1669)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Pablo1669 »Until you get to college and the expenses start racking up. Then you will wish you saved the 3,000 you barely scraped together while in high school. Read the notice at the bottom of Drunkenvibe's signature, it really is good advice.ah, the voice of reason!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
mcgusto82

Re: Take me for a ride (drunkenvibe)

Post by mcgusto82 »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »ah, the voice of reason! ha ha ha!!!BALLER ON budget!!!!!!unless you have the money out there just sitting an needing something to do... think about it.if you now think it might be waste of money. i magine later when you might be trading it in or be on hard times. 3k is ALOT of money regardless of the horsepower.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Take me for a ride (mcgusto82)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

i have the money in the bank right now to buy a supercharger. i also have mechanic hook ups where i could get it installed for free. but, being the fart smeller i am... oops, i mean smart feller, i keep that money in the bank. not living with mommy is the greatest thing in the world! does mom let you walk around in your underwear in the living room, singing into a beer bottle? no!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Faultline

Re: Take me for a ride (drunkenvibe)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe » does mom let you walk around in your underwear in the living room, singing into a beer bottle? no!What do you mean, "No!"?? Our mom's let us do that....what are you talking about?...Maybe your mom doesnt, but the rest of ours does. Yours must be the only one
Merzbow

Re: Take me for a ride (Pablo1669)

Post by Merzbow »

Pablo unfortunately I'd have to agree with that...I'm going to a local college so that gives me an opertunity to save my money rather than pay for a dorm. I'll need atleast $11,000 for a down payment. I also want a Ducati s2r which I will be getting in 2 years regaurdless of my financial situation.On the other hand...what if something happens and I never get to drive a fast car in my life? Then I'll regret wasting all my money on school...I know it's not gonna happen anytime soon but an education wont do you any good if the world is in chaos Atleast I can look back at the experience of a supercharger and say "well that certainly was fun, I'm glad I got to do it" Instead I'll be sayin "d*mn, I wish I would have done that...now I'll never know", This is why I'm buying the bike no matter what happens, because it's been a dream since I was about 4 or 5.ANYWAYS I'm leaning more towards NO now but I would still like to ride in someone's s/c'ed Vibe or Matrix just so I can be sure of my decision Anyone want to volunteer LET ME KNOW!
gargoyle

Post by gargoyle »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »On the other hand...what if something happens and I never get to drive a fast car in my life? Then I'll regret wasting all my money on school...Not driving a fast car will be the least of your worries if you can't get a job or feed your family. Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »I know it's not gonna happen anytime soon but an education wont do you any good if the world is in chaos Lack of an education will do you even less good.
Merzbow

Re: Take me for a ride (gargoyle)

Post by Merzbow »

Nah, you don't learn anything useful in school with regaurds to surviving in certain situations.... HEY! good thing I took algebra and chemistry in school now I can tell you exactly how many moles of Oxygen is needed to burn 13lbs of wood and I can also tell you the value of X if I have 6 splinters in my arm and the 3rd splinter is 4/5 as long as hte first two and 8.9mm chorter then the 5th and 6th splinters.(removed)! I'm a flippin riot!So yeah back onto the topic. I think the only member with f/i in Michigan was Devlop and he got rid of his At the Toledo meet in Ohio, A Matrix member had a s/c Matrix, I wasn't even thinking I should have asked him for a ride.