Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
mac99d

Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one

Post by mac99d »

Just wondering who else is considering getting a kit from them.http://hassautoworks.com/news.html
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Faultline

Re: Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one (mac99d)

Post by Faultline »

I would recomend to anyone who is considering their kit , to check out spyderchat.com in the performance section. Guys over there seem to have the most to say about the MRS kit, which is the same 1zz motor. I usually recomend that people try to work with lcoal shops to keep accountability close. I live in california, and would just make me nervous working with a small company on the other side of the nation.In Haas's case , they seem to be good on customer service. Thanks to on-line forums , there is puplic accountabilbity. The kit seems to cost 4k. It is unclear to me what comes with it for the matrix xr, if that comes with the intercooler or not.Customer service is the key to whether the kit is worth the amount. It seems to have good things in the kit to make it worth while.The turbo ,gt28r, is ball bearing, which is good for faster spool and longevity. The mrs comes with a 3" down pipe, if the matrix kit is the same, then that is big, which is good. Mine is 2.5" which is plenty big. My whold exhaust only gets that large. The use the greddy e manage and larger injectors for fuel. It seems to be a good system. It would be great to see other turbo Vibes out there. Having driven boosted for a couple of years I can say that it will change the way you view your car..It is a BIG upgrade, and it is worth the price in the long run.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
mac99d

Re: Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one (Faultline)

Post by mac99d »

Faultline are you the only one on this site with a turbo?
Mac's Vibe.
My garage viewtopic.php?f=30&t=37677" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mcgusto82

Post by mcgusto82 »

i just spent about 30 min reading over their website. seems like a great kit. the stage 2 kit comes with the intercooler from what i can deduct. 3.9k is norm to what it's out there. i'm sure someone with enough experience can make one for 3k. they seem to have the prove for their product. i'd be interested.actually, i am.
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »Faultline are you the only one on this site with a turbo?No, Devlop has a turbo. He bought one of Raamsaudio's (Rick) turbo kits from Matrixowners. His kit has a t3 super 60 turbo like mine does as well. He has an intercooler and a 5th injector set up.He and I are the only ones on this board.How close are you deciding to go with the Haas kit? Do you ever think about going custom?
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I have been talking with him through email because I am in Iraq, my wife has talked to him on the phone, she said he was very nice and explained everything so she could understand. I would say i am 98% sure i am going with the kit. I was going to go custom until i came across this kit.
Mac's Vibe.

Mase

Post by Mase »

Quote, originally posted by Faultline »How close are you deciding to go with the Haas kit? Do you ever think about going custom?I think most people consider getting mass-produced kits because they get to hear other buyer's opinions on the kit's design and performance before they commit to buying. People don't want to pay for a custom fabrication job then learn that some things were done wrong or ineficiently.
Faultline

Re: Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one (Mase)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by Mase »I think most people consider getting mass-produced kits because they get to hear other buyer's opinions on the kit's design and performance before they commit to buying. People don't want to pay for a custom fabrication job then learn that some things were done wrong or ineficiently.Yes, I guess so, but there is a flipside to that. Every kit out there for the 1z,I have heard stories of people getting the kit, and somehow, the kit did not fit perfectly. Da sports, SF, XS (2z), C2, ATR, and Turbo performance. I heard that from all the kits, not everytime, but at least once. Then the shop installer had to make it fit some how.One could say that a good kit would not have this problem, but I am prone to believe that perhaps there is just a litlle bit of variance from one car to the other.(??) . I dont know how else to explain it. Unless all those companies accidentally send out varied kits. At this point, there have been enough kits out there , and enough pioneers between the Spyder, Celica, Matrix, Vibe, and Corolla. We know from which turbos to select from, we know what programmers to choose from , and we know we can find tuners to tune our cars. Maybe it is because I am so close to this that it does not seem too mysterious, and so it seems like getting a local shop to make all of the exhaust plumbing, and inter cooler plumbing would be doable by locals. My Sf kit , which is not available , has its unique and clever solution for fuel ; I really like it. But, the more conventional paths are known. The tp kit does not use a programmer at all for the celica kits. The ecu runs the fuel and is set at 5psi. The PE kit does the same thing for the Spyder, but only runs 4.5 psi without an intercooler . DA sports uses Split-second FTC-1 unit for fuel and timing control. The C2 and Haas kits uses Greddy E-mange for fuel and timing.I never knew what Raam's kit used. Most custom set ups have used either of thos 2 peiggybacks, the rest use the Power FC stand alone engine management. The XS kit uses the latter. There are a couple of people who have used the Bell product "Digital FMU" as well. Injector sizes vary, and it is hard to find some that will fit,(and there are the 5th injector set ups) MWR recommends the pe 550 injectors for turbo 1z's, which seems to work well for those who have them. The trick would be to have a local shop do all the fabrication, even a muffler shop, and then find a tuner that uses Spit second, or E-manage , or power fc. Then have them install the programmer and tune it. Sound crazy??? probably. It probably makes you want to get a kit I definately understand your point. But, everybody who does F/I on their car has to take some interest and make it their project, or they probably should not do it because NONE of the kits are trouble free. This is surgery on your car...even with a kit. It is just the nature of Forced Induction.
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »I have been talking with him through email because I am in Iraq, my wife has talked to him on the phone, she said he was very nice and explained everything so she could understand. I would say i am 98% sure i am going with the kit. I was going to go custom until i came across this kit.Even though I said what I said in my last post, It seems like the kit adds up correctly with the parts you get for the price. The same parts have been used in other kits or custom set ups..it is a known quantity. Haas's customer service looks good so far...and that is a biggy. Good luck, I kinda hope you do it, I dont think you will regret it.
theangrydwarf1

Post by theangrydwarf1 »

If I had the money, I would deffinately get one.
"Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater." AE"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." AE"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." AE
mac99d

Re: Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one (theangrydwarf1)

Post by mac99d »

I agree each car has its little differences. As of now he is fitting it to a Matrix XRS because he did not want to send out a kit that might not fit properly. Quality assurance that's what I am talking about.
Mac's Vibe.

Faultline

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »I agree each car has its little differences. As of now he is fitting it to a Matrix XRS because he did not want to send out a kit that might not fit properly. Quality assurance that's what I am talking about.Btw, I rode in a turbocharged vibe gt last year that was on its way to SEMA. It was only pushing 5 psi, and it was only a little bit more than awsome! ..The 2z boosted is a good thing!
mac99d

Post by mac99d »

I cant wait to get it just a couple more months before I am home. To be honest I only started to look for a turbo for my car because my cousin got an SRT 4 and it was faster than my vibe. So i told him next time I go home (CALI) on leave we would race.
Mac's Vibe.

mac99d

Post by mac99d »

Well I ordered a Hass turbo kit. Its going to be a few before I get it, because their is like 4 or 5 people ahead of me on the list.
Mac's Vibe.

mcgusto82

Post by mcgusto82 »

umm.. i see you came back with some weight to your pockets..
mac99d

Re: Hass Turbo..Who else is getting one (mcgusto82)

Post by mac99d »

Yes their is not much to spend it on over their. Before I left I sat down with the wife(financial adviser) and told her what I would like to do to the car. So she started to put money aside for me, and when I reenlisted I got a small bonus.
Mac's Vibe.

Raven

Post by Raven »

As soon as I find $4,500.00, I'm in. Garrett GT28RS upgrade and Airborn Thermal-Coating.
kerrykerrykerry

Post by kerrykerrykerry »

mac99, good purchase, are you getting the kit for the 2zz or the 1zz?
vibe_commander

Post by vibe_commander »

Mac's Vibe is a 2004 GT. 2zz-GE with a Turbo should be awesome!
kerrykerrykerry

Re: (vibe_commander)

darn, i was hoping he had a 1zz, so i could see what wonders the kit could do for my cars little heart.
mac99d

Re: (kerrykerrykerry)

Post by mac99d »

They also have a 1zz kit. My biggest prob is going to be an LSD I will need one but that is not in the budget right now.
Mac's Vibe.

kerrykerrykerry

Re: (mac99d)

just try to take it "easy" when driving your boosted car, the limited slips will still be there waiting for your funds to build back up..... yea i knew they had a 1zz kit as well, i was just hoping you had a 1zz, so i could see what numbers the kit actually makes, etc etc.. but im saving up my pennies, so ill be boosted by midlate-to-late 06
Faultline

Re: (mac99d)

Post by Faultline »

Quote, originally posted by mac99d »They also have a 1zz kit. My biggest prob is going to be an LSD I will need one but that is not in the budget right now.The LSD is on my list too...I really want one, but they are pricey...Or , at least the quaife is...I might just get a 6 spd tranny and put the lsd in while I am at it....Launching a turboed fwd car is hard, but once you are rolling, it's a blast!
xrs06

Post by xrs06 »

Congrats on the kit! What is the ETA of your kit?BTW, I'm one of the 4-5 "others"