Custom Vortec Supercharger system

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
madbikes

Custom Vortec Supercharger system

Post by madbikes »

Hi. I'm a one of the MO'ers. Currently considering to SC my Matrix XR in the future.Does anyone remember the Vortec Supercharged Vibe? Is it the better alternative compare to the TRD SC? What are the challenges to make the Vortec SC system to work and required cost?Happy Cruising!
1/4 mile: 17.675 at 76.82MPH (old record)109.31whp 101.32lb-ft wtq (old record)
Lancer

Re: Custom Vortec Supercharger system (madbikes)

Post by Lancer »

I think the biggest challenge would be 'where to put it?' You would need a bracket strong enough to hold it and the crazy pulley system that runs it. And that would probly be all custom work ($$$$$). If I remember right, they make power like a turbo in that your power curve goes up the faster the turbine spins.One of the big positives fo a Vortec S/C would be that you can easily intercool them! It would be a sweet set-up, but I don't think the results would be worth the expense. There's a new company that's making a really good turbo kit for us, Hass turbo's, And they're showing really nice numbers.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Faultline

Post by Faultline »

I dont think the guy ever went thru with it. There is a celica kit with a centrifugal type of SC from a company in Brittain called Japspeed...the Sc is a Rotrex , go to newcelica.org and do a search if you are interested. Other wise, It may take a lot of $$ to do a vortech kit????Why a vortech kit...where did you get the idea??
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

BlaqJaq over on MO just installed one on his: http://matrixowners.com/forums...47&hl=
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD