How I got 10 PSI out of the S/C!

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Lancer

How I got 10 PSI out of the S/C!

Post by Lancer »

Finally got my boost gauge hooked up right and was only getting 3-4psi from the s/c. I thought that it would be lower with the unorthodox racing underdrive crank pully on there. But wasn't sure if the AEM trupower alternator pulley would hurt it or improve boost pressure. After some thought I figured that since the bigger alternator and stock crank pulley's would make a larger loop it should make the s/c pulley turn faster and create more boost. So I removed the crank pulley and installed the stock one and used the belt that came with the s/c kit that was too long for the pulley set up. It fit perfectly! Took it out for a spin and immediatly felt MUCH more power and a louder whine from the s/c! I now get just over 10psi @ 4200rpm! At first the engine was running very lean. Got me a little nervous. But the ECU and the Unichip learned quickly to give more fuel. Now, I don't even have to do a brake stand to get a good luanch. Just mash the gas and hold on! I even got the car to churp 3rd gear and do a 30 ft burn out (all on accident!), on an automatic!So, if you want to have actual usable 10psi try putting on a AEM trupower alternator pully and/or run a larger crank pulley instead of trying a smaller s/c pulley.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
ZubenElGenubi

Re: How I got 10 PSI out of the S/C! (Lancer)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

You gonna run some dyno tests on this baby anytime soon?
BlueCrush

Re: How I got 10 PSI out of the S/C! (Lancer)

Post by BlueCrush »

That's Crazy! 10psi? Are you running a W/I system? If not you sould hook up an EGT gauge to see what your exhaust temps are at.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

man i need to graduate and get a career soon, my vibe keeps telling me she wants a s/c like its her freakin job when i get my good job out of coolege, i think the present to my self will be a s/c..MUAHAHHHHAHAH
ultraviolet

Re: (northvibe)

Post by ultraviolet »

Totally agree with BlueCrush.With the SC, CAI and now 10psi you should really be listening for light pinging at WOT.The Unichip wont adjust to changes, so I would definitely want to know what my A/F ratios and EGTs are. Wouldnt want you to do any damage.
Lancer

Re: (ultraviolet)

Post by Lancer »

Yeah that sounds like good advice. Where can I find a inexpensive egt probe and gauge? Does Autometer make one? That's what the other guages are. And does the clamp-on probe work as well as the screw in one? My air/fuel meter is reading stoich to rich. It was only really lean that first time I ran it with the stock crank pully back on for a few miles.To treat the heat problem, should I : (1) change out the stock injectors for 2zz injectors? (2) add an inline fuel pump (3) use a larger fuel rail? (4) spend $300-$400 (that I don't have) on a stage 2 WI kit?
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
BlueCrush

Re: (Lancer)

Post by BlueCrush »

Your best bet would be the W/I system, because even it you swap out the injectors, fuel pump or fuel rail, you would have to have the Unichip fine tuned to allow for more fuel. It won't do it automatically. With the W/I system you can just add it and be done. Then you can put your stock crank pulley back on and boost to infinity and beyond! Here is a single stage kit on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWD1VHere is a bunch of EGT gauges on eBay as well: http://search.ebay.com/search/...Gauge
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Lancer

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Lancer »

Thank's for the link's! There awesome!
BlueCrush

Re: (Lancer)

Post by BlueCrush »

No Problem!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Faultline

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by Faultline »

My water/ alcohol set up is one that sf hooked up for me. I wish I knew the exact spects on the nozzel, because I dont know it.The idea is not so costly. I use the windshield washer resevior, and its motor. The ww line now goes to a nozzle that is plumbed into my IC pipe right before the throttle body. The ww motor turns on via a hobbs pressure switch that is also plumbed into the ic pipe. When it reads 8psi, the water injection comes on. It works real nice. Less than $50 worth of parts if you know what you are doing.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Can't you use an Intercooler?
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
Lancer

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by Lancer »

Not without some major modifications. You'd have to pull the s/c away from the engine far enouth to add a manifold to the s/c then pipe it to the intercooler, then back to the throttle body and another intake manifold on the engine. I supose if you could find an old header looking intake manifold it could fit? But then you have to figure out how to mount the s/c and work out the pulleys.