how much better would a basic vibe get with a supercharger

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Fittz16

how much better would a basic vibe get with a supercharger

Post by Fittz16 »

i would like to know how much better a vibe would be with a supercharger i am thinking about it but is not sure. Some of my friends make fun of the vibe calling it a station wagon.
damronjr

Re: how much better would a basic vibe get with a supercharger (Fittz16)

Post by damronjr »

This is my opinion only, but it is not a huge difference. It is a nice kick when you need it, but overall it is not a huge gain that is really noticeable unless you are really on it in WOT. That and at very high RPMs are the only times it is much difference. I will have numbers for 0-60 and 1/8th mile differences next Friday!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Fittz16 »i would like to know how much better a vibe would be with a supercharger i am thinking about it but is not sure. Some of my friends make fun of the vibe calling it a station wagon. you also need to remember that the s/c will not fit the 05 vibes. only 03/04. if you want fast, then go turbo. the s/c is great for everyday driving and gives power all the way across. turbo will get you high end power, but more money from what everyone else has said. blue crush has his s/c for sale, great price! just need to get an a/m ecm like unichip.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Fittz16

Re: how much better would a basic vibe get with a supercharger (trdvibe)

Post by Fittz16 »

wait what site sells the turbos and ya my car is an auto 05 vibe
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i don't know if either turbo (currently offered) or s/c will fit your vibe. do a search on 05 supercharger. there are some issues with the later 05 models but if you got one made early enough, you might still be ok.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

some talking heads on the tv say that the affect of the hurricanes could drive gas prices way up, so if your friends give you crap about your car, tell them to go stuff it while they are in line at the gas station.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

(removed)! very true! cause it sucks when i have to fill up my tank every 5 days or so and praying i get 20 mpg!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS