question about superchargers?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
heha

question about superchargers?

Post by heha »

say I buy a super charger(say from a matrix), would I also need a intercooler? just a question.what about a new clutch?I really want to get one...
sometimes madness is confused with passion.......but is there any other way to live?
BlueCrush

Re: question about superchargers? (heha)

Post by BlueCrush »

You don't need an intercooler. The S/C ECU runs the S/C at 7.5psi with nothing else. If you use an aftermarket ECU and run it no higher than 7.5psi then you shouldn't need anything else. If you go with an aftermarket ECU and you run higher psi, you will need to either have it custom tuned to allow more fuel(and possibly upgrade the fuel pump and fuel injectors), install a water/methanol injection(W/I) system or use an intercooler of some sort. I don't believe tha anyone is using an intercooler with the S/C yet. Most people opt for the W/I because it is a lot less expensive.Edit: Oh, yeah. You will fry your stock clutch in no time.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
heha

Post by heha »

so i dont need anuthing else? just the charger and Im good to go... i like that
sometimes madness is confused with passion.......but is there any other way to live?
BlueCrush

Re: (heha)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by heha »so i dont need anuthing else? just the charger and Im good to go... i like thatAnd a S/C ECU.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
heha

Post by heha »

im sorry, i thought it meant that s/c came with a chip. So I need to get one of these as well eh? would i get one of these from a dealer or just from a local car shop?again sorry about all the questions
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

No Problem. If you get a factory S/C it does come with everything you will need if you keep everything stock on your engine. Including the S/C ECU. If you add an intake or exhaust it will change the a/f ratio and you will need to then use an aftermarket piggyback ecu, a fifth injector controller or a W/I system so you don't run lean and destroy your engine.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
heha

Post by heha »

ok question about clutches.. If I bought a new clutch and its a six speed and my car was a five speed will this screw things up?
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

You might want to start a new thread for that question so the right people see it.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
heha

Post by heha »

sorry, thanx I did.thanx again for all the help blue crush you've been a big help.