Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
damronjr

Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover?

Post by damronjr »

My SC didn't come with one and I prefer the look of the template-cut cover rather than the straight across cut cover. If you know where I might find one that would be just as helpful. Thanks!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Faultline

Re: Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover? (damronjr)

Post by Faultline »

I haven not had mine on for quite awhile,and as far as I know, it is at the SF shop. So, no. I do not have a template, but if you screw up cutting yours , let me know, I will give you mine (As long as I can find it)....I aint never going to need mine again..

Attached files
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
damronjr

Re: Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover? (Faultline)

Post by damronjr »

Thanks, Faultline. Hopefully I can find someone who still has theirs, like maybe SoCalVibe, or SCVibe, or maybe even Lancer or Bluecrush. Didn't Sunny get one as well?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I have a template for the engine cover that I haven't used yet. If you can't find anyone locally I can mail it to you so you can use it to trace. I will need it back though.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover? (BlueCrush)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I have a template for the engine cover that I haven't used yet. If you can't find anyone locally I can mail it to you so you can use it to trace. I will need it back though. Thanks Brian! Still trying here and on MO, but no luck yet. I'll let you know if I can't get ahold of one in a few days and see if I could borrow yours. Really appreciate it!
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

No Problem.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

Mine's a little chewed up from the tape I used. Turned out ok but needs some work and a repaint and decaled. A little advice, Unless you have used a dremmel a lot, don't use one now for your first time. I used my Bro'-in-law's and he said to use the bit cutter thingy. That just chewed the plastic up. I ended up using the cutting wheel and a jig saw blade then smoothed things out with the sanding wheel on the dremel tool and finally some sandpaper. I still have a weekend of work to do on it.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
BlueCrush

Re: Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover? (Lancer)

Post by BlueCrush »

I made a copy of my S/C template and sent it to him this morning along with a couple things he bought from me. Good tips on how to go about cutting in though. It may come in handy. Thanks.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: Anyone with a SC have the template for cutting the engine cover? (BlueCrush)

Post by damronjr »

Thanks Lancer and Brain! I thought about the dremmel thing, but like you said, I've never used one before so maybe I better look into other options! Thanks for the tips and sale!