what is a good turbo match for the 1zz- T2, t25 t28 t3 t3/t4 hybryd?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Faultline

what is a good turbo match for the 1zz- T2, t25 t28 t3 t3/t4 hybryd?

Post by Faultline »

Turbo Performanced kit for the 1zz ,celica, uses a T3 turbo,. West Covina was going to use a garrett t28, and I dont know if it holds true still. these are for dailey street drivers. I called Turbo city in orange ca, and told him my aplication and he cited the t2 which he said would spool up very fast and stlill afford up to 8psi in boost.Said that they were usesd on 1.8 sunbirds in the 80s. He thought that i would be un happy withe the t3 because it would take longer to spool up completeley . after 3000rpms. also, A guy out here who does turbos likes the t3 as well, even though i toled him i I had no intension to go way up on the boost. also, the TP kit is only a 5psi kit withe the t3.sooo..... for a daily driver is the t2 too small?? what do you think??good vibrationsfaultline
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
andrewmva

Re: what is a good turbo match for the 1zz- T2, t25 t28 t3 t3/t4 hybryd? (fault line)

Post by andrewmva »

at 5-6lbs of boost it is great.... will spool instantly...but in the higher RPM range the turbo will feel "flat"....
Faultline

Re: what is a good turbo match for the 1zz- T2, t25 t28 t3 t3/t4 hybryd? (andrewmva)

Post by Faultline »

I have been told that that the t2 will boost up to 6 to 8 pounds, so why would you go flat at 5 or 6? anddo you think that the t2 would wear out from being utilized so much, or from spinning to fast, and /or geting too hot??
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
andrewmva

Re: what is a good turbo match for the 1zz- T2, t25 t28 t3 t3/t4 hybryd? (fault line)

Post by andrewmva »

I did a T25 on my old prelude I was boosting 7lbs boost came instantly....-but on the top it did feel flat...to run 7lbs you will have to get a new wastegate actuator(sp) turbonetics has them for like $70 then you will have to have it welded onto the turbo.
Faultline

Re: what is a good turbo match for the 1zz- T2, t25 t28 t3 t3/t4 hybryd? (andrewmva)

Post by Faultline »

the prelude looks great! I like the turbos that are in the front of the engine bay, seems like they would get more air to get cooled better , and easier acces. I talked to turbo city again about the t2, he said that the wastegate actuator was set for something like 7.1 (?). the t2 having an internal wastegate, i asked him how to lower the boost befor install , and he said something about lengthening the rod (in the waste gate)to open the spring sooner...so if 7lbs goes flat at high revs., how much more flat would 5lbs be??? you know, for all the guys who want instant power with the supercharger, they would do well with a small turbo that spools up quickly. i personally like the high end power, which is why I am getting frustrated with the notion of a small turbo! A bigger turbo running low psi like 5 or 6lbs gets me nowhere faster, just longer spooling time.The only reason i desire lower boost is to avoid higher costs and headaches upgrading every thing to make higher boost possible. The dominoes fall--big turbo-intercooler-bigger injectors- bigger fuel pump-return fuel line,-water injection-boost controlers-boost meters-a/f meters -new engine management-new pistons new rods-tuning tuning tuning- the list goes on. not that a smaller turbo avoids these things completly , but i think is is easier to manage. Not reaaly a headache though, it is fun!Also icouldnt help notice that the first spyder kits were low boost bolt on kits, which led me to believe you could start out that way ,anyway.any how, I def.see the merit in spending the $$$ to do the internals and replace enginge management, and replace fuel system, I jsut dont think I will. as far as kits are concerned; A real kit to me, would be like the blitz supercharger kit that comes with a new pre-tuned replacement ECU!! Otherwise, you might as well do your own good vibrationsfaultline