installation time?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
mcgusto82

installation time?

Post by mcgusto82 »

for those of you savy guys. how long did it take you to install a S/C?better than average knowledge. i actually went to a auto mechanic school. ( did not finish)another quick question. a front mounted intercooler?? what do you guys think?
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

front mounted intercooler is the best way to go
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
Smokin' Rubber

Re: (tangerine)

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Using a FMIC nearly impossible with the TRD eaton roots type supercharger due to how it is setup
Lancer

Re: installation time? (mcgusto82)

Post by Lancer »

I'll let you know when I install mine next weekend. I'll be taking some pics and painting some parts, though. So my total time will be off.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Lancer

Re: installation time? (mcgusto82)

Post by Lancer »

Ok, it's in and running, but not driving yet. I started at 6:30pm on Friday night and went until 12:30am. Got stuck on the fuel rail (POS). Took 3 trips to autozone trying to find the right tool that would fit. Finally went with the $10 plastic set. I'll return it on monday. Started today at noon and finally got the car running at 8pm. I took an hour or so to modify my CAI. Right now I'm a little hung up on where to connect the wires that run the servo on the throttle body of the s/c that run the 5th injector. I was going at a nice pace until the fuel line problem. Then it went down hill from there. Plus, I like to snoop around the parts I don't normaly get to see and then clean them!.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
damronjr

Re: installation time? (Lancer)

Post by damronjr »

Dear God! It took Andre and I from about 8:30am - appr 2-2:30pm with a short lunch break, and that was including installing a boost gauge! I'm so glad I had him to help me, I would have taken a week and probably still screwed it up!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Lancer

Re: installation time? (damronjr)

Post by Lancer »

Got any pics of how you installed the boost gauge? I'd like to do that next weekend.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Unfortunately he did it so fast I didn't even see it! One minute he was working on it and the next minute he was done! I hooked up the hose to the SC, but otherwise it's just 2 wires. You have to hook them up as the instructions should say and the hose goes through the firewall and into the sid eof the SC. IM me if you need help.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Lancer

Re: installation time? (damronjr)

Post by Lancer »

But I have a TRD SC (and ecu) and I'm trying to connect it to the Unichip. Where do the servo wires for the 5th injector go?????
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Are you using the Unichip S/C harness to control the 5th injector?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Lancer

Re: installation time? (BlueCrush)

Post by Lancer »

I told the chick at Unichip that I was gonna be upgrading to a s/c and header, she never mentioned anything about a special harness. So your saying I'm screwed by 3 little wires after a whole weekend of work.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Umm, yeah. I would talk to Jack @ Unichip to get the correct set-up.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
aji2002

Re: costing for sc

Post by aji2002 »

Jason; may know the cost for GM supercharger kit and is it can be purchased trough online order.I live in Malaysia and is it possible for me to get it. How abaout the fuel consumption after you instal the sc and how can you describe me the power of base vibe with sc. I am driving a toyota voltz built at the same factory as pontiac vibe by NUMMI for export market to asean country.
satur9

Re: costing for sc (aji2002)

Post by satur9 »

if you have the gm ecu just hook that up till you get the right harness.i doubt your unichp is tuned for the supercharger if yo didnt get the harness they may have sent you a regular unichip. i would send it back just in case.. aslo to the voltz guy. id buy the trd supercharger for the matrix instead the toyota usually sells them for cheaper.(at least here in the states)than gm.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
Lancer

Re: costing for sc (satur9)

Post by Lancer »

I said that I have the TRD s/c for my Vibe (TRD is not compatable with GM ECU) and I had the unichip for about a year already.But that doesn't matter now cause I'm finally all finished and boosted.
damronjr

Re: costing for sc (satur9)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by satur9 »aslo to the voltz guy. id buy the trd supercharger for the matrix instead the toyota usually sells them for cheaper.(at least here in the states)than gm.I agree. Another recommendation is to watch Ebay. Even Bluecrush is selling his right now, you would just have to get another ECU (i.e. Unichip or eManage).