a logical way to add nitrous?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
goodmoto

a logical way to add nitrous?

Post by goodmoto »

Haven't seen anyone talking about nitrous upgrades for a while, so I figured I'd see if anyone had any input. I'm starting to grow restless with the absence of aftermarket parts for my 2005 base, so at the moment I'm considering adding nitrous.I know some people like it and some people don't, but is there anyone out there who is currently using it? How's it been working for you?Also, would there be any reasonable way to install one so that it could be swapped out when taken in for warranty repairs, etc? Or is it safe to say that I'm going to have to choose between my warranty and a nitrous system? I appreciate all your help.-Brett
wicked1981

Re: a logical way to add nitrous? (goodmoto)

Post by wicked1981 »

ZEX makes a kit that uses a cone air filter from a cold air intake or short ram to put the nitrous into your engine. Dont know gains on a Vibe but think this would be an easy install. Check it out here. http://www.zex.com/Catalog/pdf/20.pdf
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
goodmoto

Re: a logical way to add nitrous? (wicked1981)

Post by goodmoto »

This looks real nice. Definitly going to look into it. Thanks for the heads up!bb
satur9

Post by satur9 »

im pretty sure youre not supposed to spray nitrous before the maf sensor. that would work on cars with other sensors. but if you take you time routing and hiding components. its easy to hide.i put the nozzle on the underside of the rubber intake nozzle ran the lines inside the car.i could unscrew the solenoids pull the lineback in the car coil it up under the dash.etc.i could hake it unhooked and out of sight in about 30 min. my dealer never found mine.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
Lancer

Re: a logical way to add nitrous? (wicked1981)

Post by Lancer »

I liked the idea of the cone filter nozzle. That's a dry type nitrous system, though. That's not very safe to use with our returnless fuel system. Might be ok with a small 25 shot, but I would recomend a wet kit.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
binary

Re: a logical way to add nitrous? (satur9)

Post by binary »

Quote, originally posted by satur9 »im pretty sure youre not supposed to spray nitrous before the maf sensor.That's pretty accurate - considering the MAF sensor is just a heated wire and resistance measuring circuit. If the wire breaks - it may spark. In the off chance you're sending a nice oxidized mixture of fuel past it, you'll have a pretty display of combustion.Typically the first think you want your nitrous/fuel mix to touch is the intake valve. A dry shot would work fine - the cone filter specifies nitrous only (dry shot)I sure would like to know if anyone with an '05 has a working N02 setup...
nitrovibegt

Post by nitrovibegt »

I currently have the Zex nitrous kit in my 2004 Vibe GT. You have to use the Wet Kit from Zex which is a bit more than the dry kit. It works great, I really gives you that low end power that the Vibe is missing and gets you to the higher RPMs much quicker. The downfall is that a 10lb tank only last for about 25 shots and its 65 dollars to fill it about every 2 weeks, I have had it for almost 3 months now and have not had any problems with the car mechically. I did however take about 6-8 hours to install correctly and professionally. It is not something that can be easily taken in or out. I would suggest buying an extra tank and keeping one filled at all times and also getting the remote bottle opener. It makes life alot easier. J
2004 Vibe GT ,Shadow/Black has 64k now.Upgrades,Eibach springs,Injen CAI,Zex Wet Nitrous System 10lb bottle,Haas intercooled turbo, 100+ HP. Dyno w/ Nitrous at 296 to the wheel...stupid fast...it will beat any ones vibe on this website handsdown.7000 dollar investment.worth every penny.Progress Sway Bars,laser defuser,dual exhuast, brembo drilled rotors.New audio pics on cardomain...800 watt amp, 2 x 10" kickers, 4 mid, 4 tweeter mb quart premium...Eclipse Nav.Awesome..New 18" Montegi Jason
jackc_one

Re: a logical way to add nitrous? (nitrovibegt)

Post by jackc_one »

i just put a Nitrous Express wet kit on mine with a 50hp shot on my base vibe...this thing hauls some serious (removed)! i kicked the crap out of a VIBE GT the other day! mine is hooked into my INJEN intake tube. HOT!!!! I am gonna find an ECLIPSE this weekend and KICK THE HOLY **** out of it! LOL....