My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Another 1zz S/C on eBay (BlueCrush)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

That's a deal for 1500. It wouldn't surprise me if someone from GenVibe snatched that up.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Lancer

Re: Another 1zz S/C on eBay (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Lancer »

Are you suprised yet? I put in a bid mostly for the heck of it not even thinking I'd win. Then Sunday I was shopping around for a nitrous kit and just happend to check my e-mail before bed. My jaw droped when I saw the 'you are the winning bidder' message. Final price was $1550 which is half the asking price from the seller and $1900 less then what the dealership ws asking! I really had my heart set on turbo, though. But it's been nothing but disapointment waiting for a company to come up with a kit for us 1z'ers that's affordable. So now I'm going back to my original plan for the engine with the S/C, cams, and nitrous.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

dang Lancer good buy, hope that S/C works out for ya!!! show us some pics soon
drunkenmaxx

Re: (northvibe)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

congrats sir lancelot!! get that baby up and running and post #s!!!!!!!!!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
nismo

Re: Another 1zz S/C on eBay (Lancer)

Post by nismo »

Did those cams come in yet by the way?
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
jeffgtx

Re: (drunkenvibe)

Post by jeffgtx »

thats a great pick-up. cant wait to see teh install post (no pressure!) man if they dont have these for 05s. i'm gonaa...........
JeffGTX's Shades Of Gray Pontiac Armada:Cool: 2008 Solstice GXP ConvertibleSly: 2009 Solstice GXP CoupeMaverick: 2009 G8 GXP
Lancer

Re: (jeffgtx)

Post by Lancer »

Haven't gotten the cams yet. Not until I was sure of what I was going to do, boost wise. And the sudden and unexpected purchase of the S/C has made me broke for a couple of weeks. I want to see how the S/C performs by it's self and the other mods I have already on the car. And I want to figure out what would increase performance with the S/C, increasing compression a little or increasing displacement. I'm thinking compression will help with the S/C alone, but more displacement will be safer when I use nitrous. So there is a little for me to figure out which way I want to go.I'll see what I can do about an install write-up. The instructions are already on line (in PDF form) with color pictures at the GM Performance site. But I'll definatly be taking some pics before, during, and after the install. I'll be doing it myself since I only have my CAI and I don't want to be harassed by the dealership.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Raven

Re: (Lancer)

Post by Raven »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »Haven't gotten the cams yet. Not until I was sure of what I was going to do, boost wise. And the sudden and unexpected purchase of the S/C has made me broke for a couple of weeks. I want to see how the S/C performs by it's self and the other mods I have already on the car. And I want to figure out what would increase performance with the S/C, increasing compression a little or increasing displacement. I'm thinking compression will help with the S/C alone, but more displacement will be safer when I use nitrous. So there is a little for me to figure out which way I want to go.I'll see what I can do about an install write-up. The instructions are already on line (in PDF form) with color pictures at the GM Performance site. But I'll definatly be taking some pics before, during, and after the install. I'll be doing it myself since I only have my CAI and I don't want to be harassed by the dealership. I guess you'll be getting the Unichip reprogrammed to run the supercharger since the Matrix ECU is not compatible with the Vibe. You could probably get a decent amount of money for the TRD ECU if you sell it on Ebay. I don't know if any of you saw the Vibe S/C on Ebay last week. It was actually for a Toyota and I informed the seller of the differences and he included my letter in his ad. Somebody won it by submitting a best offer of $1550.00. It was brand new in the box.
Lancer

Re: (Sunny)

Post by Lancer »

That's the one I got. I knew about the ECU's being different. I originally got the Unichip with the S/C in mind.I submitted the offer not thinking he would go that low since it was half of his asking price. And only $50 for shipping! Can't beat that! It should arrive either at the end of this week or early next week. I can't wait!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Found out that the guy that sold me the supercharger has a bunch more to sell so keep your eyes open on e-bay for them.