so are they going to make a 2005 supercharger or Not?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
bladez718

so are they going to make a 2005 supercharger or Not?

Post by bladez718 »

Im growing a lil angry already,,its been already july.. NO WORD<<Nothing...
urbanmonkeygod04

Re: so are they going to make a 2005 supercharger or Not? (bladez718)

Post by urbanmonkeygod04 »

Who cares? Buy this:http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=16944It's a guy from Michigan's custom turbo kit; the thing is FAST.
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I would bet NO. The supercharger kit has never sold like they thought it would, I don't see them spending the money to develop one for the DBW system cars.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
bladez718

Post by bladez718 »

hey yo,, those trd (removed) whips made an adapter and ecu for the 2005 cars when this corolla project needed it for their charity auction.. its just a simple ecu and adapter plate to make it work on drive by wire cars.. (removed),, they made it and now their not producing it?
binary

Re: (bladez718)

Post by binary »

Quote, originally posted by bladez718 »hey yo,, those trd (removed) whips made an adapter and ecu for the 2005 cars when this corolla project needed it for their charity auction.. its just a simple ecu and adapter plate to make it work on drive by wire cars.. (removed),, they made it and now their not producing it?Word... (I second his post... Bump! )
bladez718

Post by bladez718 »

did u guys know,,the 2005 corolla project car for the charity,,i emailed the service manager who put the supercharger on,, he said that he didnt even know that it had some drive by wire bullsh.t so he had to call trd and bs with them,, AND THEY ACTUALLY DID MADE AN ADAPTER and a ecu and said its not to be duplicated. so im pretty DAM sure they didnt spend alotta money.. espeacially for one dam 05 car. couple reason why i dont wanna boost in terms of turbo,, i have an auto, i think its not worth it. also i do a lotta daily driving.. turbo would be great, but i think on an auto tranny, it will blow it up easily.
binary

Post by binary »

Give it time, some smart feller will get an itch and figure this out. You're only in the 2nd QTR of DBW... lets see what happens.
WENIS

Re: so are they going to make a 2005 supercharger or Not? (bladez718)

Post by WENIS »

I’m new to the Vibe scene (I’m trading my neon in for a Vibe tonight actually) but I was thinking about this ’05 supercharger problem for a few days now… I saw someone post that the main problem is the drive by wire throttle body, and the new ECU. Also saw someone post about a DBW corolla getting the TRD supercharger to work by getting a “new ECU, and adapter plate for the throttle body”. So my question to all of you Vibe experts is, would it be possible to get an’04 ECU and throttle body to work on an ’05 Vibe? If so wouldn’t that solve this whole mess? Sure it’d be extra work and extra $ but would it work and how much of a pain would it be to switch out the DBW system?
Black '03 SRT-4 - Mopar Stage-1Black '05 Vibe - Stock
bladez718

Post by bladez718 »

ok,,first of all, if u wanna switch from drive by wire to drive by cable.,ur also gonna have to change the ecu. my buddy from matrixowners.com is going to attemp to do this with his 05 car,, so all u 05ers,,support him please on this, here is the post: http://matrixowners.com/forums...43603
bladez718

Post by bladez718 »

check this out guys,, trd is going to have a big (removed) clearance and they are going to change all the part #'s with new products,, they are going to brake away from japan trd i think,, aniways,, they will make more stuff for us cars.. check this thread out,, it might be a possible supercharger for 05 cars I HOPEEEEEE:http://matrixowners.com/forums...&st=0
binary

Post by binary »

Quote, originally posted by bladez718 »ok,,first of all, if u wanna switch from drive by wire to drive by cable.,ur also gonna have to change the ecu. my buddy from matrixowners.com is going to attemp to do this with his 05 car,, so all u 05ers,,support him please on this, here is the post: http://matrixowners.com/forums...43603Wow, props to him - in theory reverting back to '04 TB and ECU should work - how many changes were done to the '05 that would make instaling DBC (drive by cable) that difficult?Or, how about this - TRD makes an adapter plate and a fuggin ECM for the supercharger so we can buy one! Crack addicted asshats... and the dealers aren't far off. "Super...what?"
bladez718

Post by bladez718 »

ani1 have good contact with TRD ceo and stuff. I want to know the truth. If i know for sure they aint gonna make one, im gonna help my friend out with his project. otherwise i would go to a low boost turbo then.
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

just go with the turbo man, you'll smoke 99% of the vibes out there!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
bladez718

Re: (drunkenvibe)

Post by bladez718 »

I know alotta people be telling me to turbo my car.. espeacially since atr just finish the turbo kit on the matrix. aniways, I ask them if it will work on the drive by wire system, they said yes,but there will be a turbo lag. Im having doubts the turbo kit will work because, wat about the completely new different ecu system? Im pretty sure they have no clue about that.