Down and Dirty

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
Noah

Down and Dirty

Post by Noah »

Hello everyone, this is my first post here, but I've lurked for some time now. I have an '03 GT that I bought new and have loved every day of owning. Now my GT is getting a little older so it's time for a change. Not the car, but the engine. I have an Injen cold air filter and magnaflow exhaust and that's it. I've searched the forums but found no discernible easy answer on adding power. From what I get the turbo is the way to go for the GT engine, but what kit, how much gain, and at what price? I know you've seen this question before, but please tolerate an old newbie that is looking for the most direct way to more power and fun from the best car I've ever owned! That said, I'm open to any suggestions, but need the car to remain as reliable as possible as I plan on paying her off and driving her as long as I can. Thanks in advance for your knowledge and input.
Ponyota

Re: Down and Dirty (Noah)

Post by Ponyota »

Hi and welcome to GVC! here is a link to MO. They are working on building a turbo for the 2zz. http://matrixowners.com/forums...40650It sounds pretty promising so far. Roughly 2,500$ for the kit. Check it out. Its a long thread but worth reading.
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
urbanmonkeygod04

Re: Down and Dirty (Ponyota)

Post by urbanmonkeygod04 »

Check out this article from Sport Compact Car:http://www.sportcompactcarweb....atrix/They use a Stafford Fabrications kit from a Celica GT-S. Perhaps that's a good place to start. You'd have to fab up some of your own things, but they lay it out in there pretty well. Good luck getting F/I on there - I'm interested to know how it turns out. Want some Vibe competetion for my car!
Noah

Re: Down and Dirty (urbanmonkeygod04)

Post by Noah »

Thanks for the info. Looks like I have some reading to do!
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Down and Dirty (Noah)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Welcome, yeah those links will help you out, good luck with the turbo.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Faultline

Re: Down and Dirty (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Faultline »

Do your homework and read up on Forced Induction if you are really serious about doing it ,Corky Bell's "Maximum Boost" is probably something that you should read.
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail