Electric Supercharger?

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
SirMoosealot13

Electric Supercharger?

Post by SirMoosealot13 »

Hi gang, I have been seeing this "electric supercharger" on Ebay. I was wondering if anyone has tried one of these out yet? in most of the adds ive seen they claim a gain of 40hp, which is obviously not true, but i could see it maybe working ok, in theory at least. Some of the adds on a few of the models claim hooking it up to a CAI boost its benefits. A few of them were priced as high as $175, but the median was about $85, so im rather tempted to try it out for such a low cost risk, but i just wanna make sure no one has had any real negative experience with it, so please let me know....
Raven

Re: Electric Supercharger? (SirMoosealot13)

Post by Raven »

I can't believe they get away with selling this kind of "snake oil" on Ebay. I'm friggin' sick of seeing the listing every time I look for a real supercharger. The 20HP chip falls into the same category.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by SirMoosealot13 »im rather tempted to try it out for such a low cost risk, but i just wanna make sure no one has had any real negative experience with it, so please let me know....Go for it! Let us know what happens. We love guiene(?) pigs!
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
russ257

Re: Electric Supercharger? (damronjr)

Post by russ257 »

everyone know that you have to use a ferret under the hood (excepet in CA where ferrets are not approved for pets or emissions standards) that should give you 30-40 hp depending on what you feed it
'03 VIBE AWDPioneer AVIC-N1MOMO 6.5" componets in frontMOMO 6.5" speakers in rearJL e6450 six channel ampJL 12" w3 subAlpine 120W amp powering the sub
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Electric Supercharger? (russ257)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by russ257 »everyone know that you have to use a ferret under the hood (excepet in CA where ferrets are not approved for pets or emissions standards) that should give you 30-40 hp depending on what you feed itWhat food do they recommend to give you max boost out of your ferret?I was originally thinking of a squirrel when I added the choice, but come to think of it, mixed nuts are pretty expensive.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Those can't work. They will in essence limit the engines power because once you reach a certain rmp, if the electric superchargers rpm level is lower than the cars then it will then be restricting airflow. My friend bought one of those 20hp chips for his ALero since it was only $2 and it didn't do anything lol.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

in theory the electric supercharger should work. if you saw it for 85 i say go for it i saw one for $500. i doubt it will give you 40 hp but the one i saw on a company website said 15-25 which is believable. let us know
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
Mase

Re: (Raivis)

Post by Mase »

If you want a REAL electric supercharger (yes, they really do exist) then you're gonna have to shell out the cash. $1,200US+. I've read about 8hp electric motors mated to a centrifugal sc that can pump out up to 8psi or 455cfm. It requires it's own car battery and some heavy wiring. They're not like those cheap direct-driven fan types on eBay.
Raven

Re: (Mase)

Post by Raven »

The people that sell these things should be rooted out and burned at the stake like the witches of Salem. They are evil and need to be eliminated.