TURBOED!!! Finally

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
WickidWeazel

TURBOED!!! Finally

Post by WickidWeazel »

This is a great moment for me, i just bought a turbo for my car and have someone that will help me do all the engine mods!! it's gunna be awesome...anyone got any suggestions on the parts i should get?? i know it sounds stupid but just wondering bout everyone elses opinion...can't wait till spring!!

Attached files
wicked1981

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (WickidWeazel)

Post by wicked1981 »

What kit did you get? How much?
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
rcasciola

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (wicked1981)

Post by rcasciola »

yea seriously...cause if its stafford i think u have a while to wait.....so i think ull have time to do some mods lol
My Car, with the kit on. it looks awesome! come and check it out, tell me what u think.P.S. the gray will be painted momentarily http://www.cardomain.com/ride/514882/1
shagginwagin

Post by shagginwagin »

Are you getting it installed @ a shop or DIY?
<Rob>http://members.cardomain.com/shagginwagin"They say the way a man treats his car, is how he treats himself."(The Transporter)
WickidWeazel

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (shagginwagin)

Post by WickidWeazel »

Umm i'm doing it myself with one of my friends dad...he's really into drag racing and rebuilds cars all the time so he knows how to do what i want to do...i bought the turbo from my friend who wanted to put it on his but ran out of money, so he needed to git rid of it quick i only paid 250 bucks for it.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I do not want to be a downer by any means, but 250 bucks for a part that normally goes for upwards of 3 grand?? Is your friend a crack head?
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
scherry2

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »I do not want to be a downer by any means, but 250 bucks for a part that normally goes for upwards of 3 grand?? Is your friend a crack head?Your just mad because his friend wasn't yours. LOL
Mr. Poopypants

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (scherry2)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Some people won't get this, but does anyone remember the $600 dollar Ducati? In a high screechy voice........Those were the days.
Smokin' Rubber

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

Quote, originally posted by WickidWeazel »Umm i'm doing it myself with one of my friends dad...he's really into drag racing and rebuilds cars all the time so he knows how to do what i want to do...i bought the turbo from my friend who wanted to put it on his but ran out of money, so he needed to git rid of it quick i only paid 250 bucks for it. So you just got the turbo itself? That doesn't help a whole lot since you need piping, intercooler, BOV's possibly, a new ECU module, along with a whole lot of other stuff. If he gave you all that for $250 he must have been outta his mind lol
WickidWeazel

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (Smokin' Rubber)

Post by WickidWeazel »

Well the kid works for toyota, and i've got all the piping and gauges and stuff i've just got to get the BOV's and the new internals which are going to be on the way shortly...yea this kid bought a second turbo for another car and didn't want it after awhile so i said i'd give him some cash for all the stuff and BOOM it was mine...lol can't wait
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Some people won't get this, but does anyone remember the $600 dollar Ducati? and the really ripped abs!!!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »and the really ripped abs!!! Yep! Isn't this sounding a little familiar?
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »Yep! Isn't this sounding a little familiar?i dunno, its kind of like someone offering $27000 grand for a used vibe. or running in 14's because of a port & polish.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
millster

Post by millster »

OK guys. Let's knock it off. There's no sense in driving away members. If you don't believe it, let it go and let it die.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

hey WW, don't mind these guys, probly just envious. I know I am. i don't know squat about turbos.You should probably get a dyno run on the car before you mod it, that way you can measure exactly what improvement the turbo gives you. Take lots of pics too What kind of turbo is it, and what internals are you going to upgrade?
Devlop

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (joatmon)

Post by Devlop »

Apparently you guys can't read very well. He bought the actual turbo for $250. He never said anything about the whole kit. I don't understand why people feel the need to jump down everyone's throat all the time when something seems to be a lie.WW, check your email.
Mr. Poopypants

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (Devlop)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

EASY KILLER! I don't have a turbo, I don't know what all the kit entails. I didn't know it also needed all those other parts. And as far as jumping down his throat, I think that choice of words may be a little extreme. I do apologize if I caused any problem, but I was thinking a whole turbo kit for $250. But I never jumped out and called BS. I may have suggested it, but never JUMPED DOWN HIS THROAT about it. Done hijacking.
WickidWeazel

Post by WickidWeazel »

Sorry everyone i should have specified more on what i got, yea i plan on doing a dyno on it b4 i get the turnbo installed...should be end of april beginning of may i should be putting it on...i guess the turbo was made for a mistubishi but the person i bought it from (works at TRD) said it will fit under the hood of this car seein as how it come off the same line as the matrix...i'm tryin to find a place to get the rest of my parts for it...if anyone knows a good place, please do tell...i need some dish pistons and crower rods, and someone suggested sleeving the blcok?? like i said b4 i'm kinda new to the engine mods, but i'm tryin to learn....
Smokin' Rubber

Post by Smokin' Rubber »

The pistions, rods, and sleeves (with boaring) will costs about $3,000 with labor included. The piping, intercooler, etc and install will also run about another $2,750. You're also probably going to want new gaskets heads which are about another $300ish (not as sure on that). So you're looking at about 6+ grand for the whole thing if you want to do the engine work. My advice would be skip the internals a run a 7ish psi turbo kit unless you got that kind of money to dish out. It'll run perfectly fine on stock internals and it'll cut the costs you are looking at in half. Or you could be like me a nd start saving up so you can invest 10k in your car for total engine modification with a turbo running 400+ ponies. Needless to say unless a miracle occurs I'm looking at another year and a half to two years before I can save up that kind of money
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants » But I never jumped out and called BS.Done hijacking.>it was me. i seriously do hope you prove me wrong though. we need more vibes to represent.
satur9

Post by satur9 »

http://www.monkeywrenchracing.com theyre in michigan,so cgo check them out.
look my sniggies, i had a strizz-oke in my brizz-ain okay,you know what im saying. so i cant move all good. but thanks for mentioning that .thank you very much.athf4evr. click here! you know you want to!!!
Devlop

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (satur9)

Post by Devlop »

Yeah, that's where I go for my car needs. Matt's a good guy.
Faultline

Re: TURBOED!!! Finally (Devlop)

Post by Faultline »

I heard that MWR has a Vibe for a shop car...They get better fuel economy in it than their spyder...I guess it has something to do with the gearing in the tranny they thought...I would agree, it's that, and the tuning differences in the ECU's....anyway , Yeah , I have orderd from Matt , and they seem to be helpful over their....
pics 10/2/05 http://photobucket.com/albums/a386/Faultline05/2003 Base Vibe, frosty color,moon n' tunes packagemods: Eibach sportline lowering springs,17"centerline forged wheels -silver excels -Goodyear Eagle F1 tires 225/50/17's-ACT HD clutch,2.5" exhaust,ES motormount inserts,up graded to 6 spd transmissionStafford Fabrication turbo kit: Garrett T3 turbo, FMIC ,SF BOV. ,Alcohol/water injection,and SF centerfeed fuel rail
marlborocowboy82

Post by marlborocowboy82 »

Good luck and a 7psi on stock internals=boom3-4psi on stock internals you should be ok in less where talking about the 1zz than 7 psi I guess I should have lookedBut i heard that changing the compression ratio isn't as easy as changing the compression ratio of the piston that the engine need's some serous tuning other way's lift is all messed upHolly run on sentence
urbanmonkeygod04

Re: (marlborocowboy82)

Post by urbanmonkeygod04 »

I'm pretty sure even the 1ZZ can withstand seven pounds of boost. IIRC, Devlop ran 12 pounds through his on high boost setting, and his engine hasn't exploded yet. My car runs 12.5 lbs of boost stock; Subaru WRX's run 17, stock Evo's run at 19ish, and I've seen modded SRT-4's that pump about 22 pounds through their motor with almost nonexistent modification. The boost isn't the problem, it's the cooling - you can safely run 15 pounds of boost all day if you cool it right. Also, your engine isn't what's going to go first, it's your driveline. Run enough power through that transaxle and down those drive shafts, you'll be snapping parts in the driveline faster than you can say lickety split. As far as the motor, if you intercool it and don't get too crazy with boost, you'll run fine all day long.