Turbo SuperCharger Questions

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
newtomod

Turbo SuperCharger Questions

Post by newtomod »

I just purchased a2003 GT Stick, and I see everyone talking about this Turbo. What does it cost around, where can you get it, and how much horsepower does it add, oh yeah, does it work on the GT?Thanks Im new to this so pleasedont rag on me for ansking stupid questions.
Like horror movies besides cars? Then check out http://www.bloody-disgusting.com
d_m_kolb

Re: Turbo SuperCharger Questions (newtomod)

Post by d_m_kolb »

West Covina is working on a turbo for the 2ZZ but is going to get the 1ZZ turbo completed first before really working hard on the 2ZZ project.The info I have is it will be a complete system. That means you will have to buy nothing else. It will run around $3,500 and they are looking at running 4.5 to 5 psi. They might try running more but it's going to be hard since the 2ZZ compression is all ready at 11.5. West Covina contact info can be found here.
Flip-Side

Re: Turbo SuperCharger Questions (Admin II)

Post by Flip-Side »

At that price...why not go with the GM Performance Parts supercharger?Its not out yet, but it will probly be cheaper and give you much better low end torque than any turbo. High end horsepower is a different story....
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
d_m_kolb

Re: Turbo SuperCharger Questions (baddkkarma)

Post by d_m_kolb »

quote:At that price...why not go with the GM Performance Parts supercharger?Its not out yet, but it will probly be cheaper and give you much better low end torque than any turbo. High end horsepower is a different story....From what I know and have heard from different sources there will never be a GM supercharger offered for the 2ZZ. The compression is just to high to safely run forced induction on and be able to still have a warrenty that GM wants to honor.Aftermarket is going to be your best beat for the 2ZZ