amp wiring

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
flyby

amp wiring

Post by flyby »

anybody know which wires are which coming from the amp? REMOTE WIRE??? M&T package amp
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

Are you talking about the turn-on wire to make the amp wake up? I believe it's the single wire in the second harness to the radio, you need to tap into that to make the M&T amp turn on.
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
ragingfish

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by Jahntassa »Are you talking about the turn-on wire to make the amp wake up? I believe it's the single wire in the second harness to the radio, you need to tap into that to make the M&T amp turn on.Nope. That's labeled as "Mute Control." It never gets used for anything AFAIK.The remote turn on lead for the amp is in pin B3 of the main harness. It actually has two thin black wires coming from it. Tap into either one.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

See..this is why I try to point you towards things Mike... Heh.Yes, follow his reccomendation!
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
flyby

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by flyby »

hamiltonaudio is right. thank you
MoonDogg

Re: amp wiring (flyby)

Post by MoonDogg »

Yes I know exactly what wire you need to tap into .. I messed with mine for 2 hrs trying to figure it out... if your looking at the harness (unpluged) and the clip is at the top its the third wire from the bottom left on the bottom part... its a solid black wire. after I hooked my remote wire to it everything worked great.. if you cannot find it I will take mine apart and try to get pictures of it and post it... Let me know if this helps... Later...
2004 Vibe GT Fusion OrangeOptions: M&T, Monotone Paint, 35% TintMods: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X659 HU, Orion CS200.4 amp, Kicker Comp VR 10" sub, Megan Racing STB, Injen CAI, Magnaflow Cat-Back, brass shifter bushing, underbody orange neon's.