09 vibe No signals or hazards at all!

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
DRAZO11

09 vibe No signals or hazards at all!

Post by DRAZO11 »

Hey guys i have an 09 vibe 1.8L base and i have lost my turn signals and hazard lights. The lights dont come on the dash and they dont flash outside the vehicle either. I checked the fuse under the hood and its fine. My lights hi and lo beam both work and so do my brake and tail lights. I have a stock radio thats working fine. Anyone have any ideas or herd of this before? Thanks
joatmon

Re: 09 vibe No signals or hazards at all!

Post by joatmon »

IF you're sure the fuse is good, then I'd try replacing the flasher relay, but I have no idea where it is on an 09
jolt

Post by jolt »

If you are looking to replace the flasher, it is located behind the lower trim panel to the left of the steering wheel. Pull the panel cover and the flasher is the cube to the right side in the panel opening by the info I have for the '09.
DRAZO11

Post by DRAZO11 »

Yes i double checked all the fuses and they are all ok and i also changed the flasher but that didnt solve anyting either.
jolt

Post by jolt »

Then all you have left is the turn signal switch and the wiring. It is highly UN-likely that the switch is bad in both directions all at once, unless it has became unplugged, so that leave the wiring. The one wire that effects both right and left is the ground wire from the turn signal switch to the ground. I would start by checking this wire first from the information you have have already given. If any of the above information you have provided is not correct, then it still could be anything.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I found a wiring diagram for an 09 Vibe turn signal/hazard lights, which is attached. Its not a complicated circuit, but the parts that are common to both the turn signals and the hazard lights are the fuse, the flasher, wiring, and bulbs. sorry to keep harping on it, but when you checked the fuse, did you just look at it, or did you swap it with a known good one or use an ohmmeter?
Attachments
09 Vibe Turn Signal/Hazard Wiring Diagram
09 Vibe Turn Signal/Hazard Wiring Diagram
09tshaz.jpg (64.92 KiB) Viewed 1899 times
DRAZO11

Post by DRAZO11 »

I went to a local wreckers and pulled a signal switch and tried that tooand Still nothing. I replaced the fuse With a new one. Was a micro fuse 10amp under the hood. Guess im on to wiring tha ks for the help so far
jolt

Post by jolt »

Attached are the wiring for a '09 Matrix which matches up with the GM Vibe that joatmon posted. It may be a little easier to follow and I added the connectors with wire pin outs also. Can you hear or feel the flasher clicking on and off when you turn on the turn signal in either direction? This may help determine if the problem is on the input side or the output side of the flasher relay.
Attachments
turn1.jpg
turn1.jpg (84.6 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
turn2.jpg
turn2.jpg (63.77 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
turn3.jpg
turn3.jpg (114.15 KiB) Viewed 1837 times