Replacement blower motors

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
ColonelPanic

Replacement blower motors

Post by ColonelPanic »

The old, tired blower motor has been making noise for a while (a constant whine.) It's not very loud and only noticeable on 1, but I know it's there and that bothers me. :D

Looking at a replacement but not sure what is a good choice. There are some super cheap options in the $30-40 range on rockauto all the way up to $110 for an ACDelco. It's looks to be still available OEM too, around $150 online. I don't mind spending a little extra if it means I won't have to go back and do the job over later on.

Any suggestions on what's a good option?
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
SeattleJeremy

Re: Replacement blower motors

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I replaced mine three times. First time with ACdelco, second and third with TYC. I found no difference between the two in quality and performance. They all lasted about 60k miles, but I'm really annoyed by noises, and have the air on all the time.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

SeattleJeremy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:37 pm I replaced mine three times. First time with ACdelco, second and third with TYC. I found no difference between the two in quality and performance. They all lasted about 60k miles, but I'm really annoyed by noises, and have the air on all the time.
I have the air on all the time - I keep the windows rolled down :)

I've replaced the blower on a few vehicles over the years. Nothing strikes me as being particularly special about the ones for the Vibe.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I've replaced mine a few times on my 07...whichever one i got this last time is quite a bit louder than the prior. kinda drives me nuts.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe