Rear speakers not working

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Rpfannkuch521

Rear speakers not working

Post by Rpfannkuch521 »

My rear speakers arent working in my 2003 vibe base. I installed new front speakers that were pioneer and after reinstalling the front ones the rears didn't work. I don't know why or how? I'm thinking of getting new ones for the rear If maybe the rears dont work because of the fronts being different? The fade is 0 and so is the other one whichever it is called. I've tried looking but cant find it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My head unit is 50 rms at all 4 speakers and the rears are like 10 rms lol, but I know they arent blown. All the wires are wired properly.... please help
joatmon

Re: Rear speakers not working

Post by joatmon »

Do you get any sound when you set fade to 100% rear?

Do you get any sound out of the rears if you disconnect the fronts?

Does your Vibe have the moon&tunes (sunroof/amp/tweeters)?

I think the original speakers were 4 ohm, but not knowing what head unit and front speakers you have, hard to say if that is relevant.
Actually, I'm relatively stupid on audio issues, so knowing what head unit and speakers wouldn't help me anyway ;)
Rpfannkuch521

Re: Rear speakers not working

Post by Rpfannkuch521 »

joatmon wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:22 am Do you get any sound when you set fade to 100% rear?

Do you get any sound out of the rears if you disconnect the fronts?

Does your Vibe have the moon&tunes (sunroof/amp/tweeters)?

I think the original speakers were 4 ohms, but not knowing what head unit and front speakers you have, hard to say if that is relevant.
Actually, I'm relatively stupid on audio issues, so knowing what head unit and speakers wouldn't help me anyway ;)
I do not, my 04 is completely stock everything inside out, its just the base model, I installed pioneer speakers in the front, its got a JVC head unit, an alpine sub, and an alpine amp. The fade is at 0 or where its equaled between the front and back. The speakers are hooked to the head unit straight, not to the amp and then the unit. The rear speakers are stock.