USB/AUX kit for 2009 Vibe w/Monsoon

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
CharlesPDX

USB/AUX kit for 2009 Vibe w/Monsoon

Post by CharlesPDX »

I just bought a 'Car Audio Interface' kit on eBay in hopes of adding some functionality to the stock radio whose AUX port has been broken for years. The kit is apparently compatible with the Matrix flavor of this radio, but it uses the CD changer port that is absent from the Vibe version. Guess I should have checked the back of the Vibe's deck before ordering. Anyone know of a similar kit, or a way to make this kit work?

The kit in question:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Toyota-Cam ... 2749.l2649
2009 Vibe 2.4-liter Base w/Monsoon
hogdoctor

Re: USB/AUX kit for 2009 Vibe w/Monsoon

Post by hogdoctor »

I'd just wire in a new aux port to the cd player input into the main amp. I plan to do that to my factory radio once the parts arrive.
CharlesPDX

Post by CharlesPDX »

hogdoctor wrote:I'd just wire in a new aux port to the cd player input into the main amp. I plan to do that to my factory radio once the parts arrive.
There's a dedicated CD player input in the amp? The one under the passenger seat? Or do you mean splicing into the wire harness behind the radio? What parts are you using?

I don't want to mess with the existing wiring of the car too much, since I still might go for option 2, which is just replacing the whole deck with a CarPlay deck from Crutchfield and letting them make a harness for me. I was hoping to do this on the cheap though ($25 bucks vs $450 or so).
hogdoctor

Post by hogdoctor »

I'm thinking internally in the head unit, where the cd player connects into the main board, before the main headunit amp. Your head unit may vary being much newer than my '04. Props to Joatman for the image.
Attachments
viberadioaux.jpg
viberadioaux.jpg (253.91 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
CharlesPDX

Post by CharlesPDX »

Oh wow. That's probably a fun project, but a bit out of my comfort zone. The unit in my car is quite different as well.