115v outlet

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Duravibe

115v outlet

Post by Duravibe »

Does anyone know the wiring/have a diagram for the 115v outlet? The inverter, the power button, the outlet and the relay. Any help would be awesome.
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake
joatmon

Re: 115v outlet

Post by joatmon »

Attached is wiring diagram for that circuit for an 03 Matrix, but it should apply to your 07 Vibe

You didn't say why you wanted the diagram, whether for repair or for mod, but here's one obscure thing to know about if its not working. The inverter relay, along with three others, is located on top of a small junction block in the dash up over the glove compartment. Some people have had problems with one of the relays (usually the TAIL relay) becoming unseated. You should be able to reach up around and over that junction block and press the relays back in, if that's the problem. Here's a picture showing the relays in the top of that junction block, after it 's been unscrewed and moved

If you need to pull that junction block down, there are three screws holding that in place, two are easy, one is on top and a pain to access. After the three screws are out, have to push up on it to disengage a plastic bit that snaps into a hole in the round metal support bar.

Now, if you're looking at putting in a more powerful inverter, the existing circuit only has a 15A fuse, so you'd be better adding another relay, activated by the existing relay to switch a new and more robust power source
Attachments
029po115.pdf
(19.21 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Duravibe

Re: 115v outlet

Post by Duravibe »

I probably should have stated why im asking your right, i have a spare inverter, button and outlet and wanted to install in my 2006 gmc duramax. What wire goes to what, ect.
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake