2010 vibe GT power outlet and cigerette lighter

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Tigg

2010 vibe GT power outlet and cigerette lighter

Post by Tigg »

Hi guys, I'm a newish owner of a 2010 vibe gt, loving it so far. I bought it used of course and luckily only had to do a few primiarly cosmetic repairs. One thing that it driving me nuts is that the 2010 has a power invertor and a lighter bay under the gear shifter, but neither of mine work. I've googled, lurked on here and followed what info I could, seems 2010 info isn't as easily found as the older models, not sure why.
I've found and replaced the 15 amp fuse in the fuse panel under the dash and under the hood but with no luck on either. So I'm hoping some of you knowledgble members might be able to lead me in the proper direction
jolt

Re: 2010 vibe GT power outlet and cigerette lighter

Post by jolt »

You need to find out if you have voltage at either one. You need a volt/ohm meter. Do you have voltage at the lighter socket wires on back of socket and the same for the power outlet? The two items are on two different fuses. The only thing the two circuits share is the ground. The ground wires that are hooked to the sockets are colored white with a black stripe. Once again, use your volt/ohm meter to check for continuity in that wire to ground from the socket. If that wire is not going to ground, you are not going to complete the circuit. You should have used the meter to check each fuse to see if that was a problem or not.
MacGyver

Re: 2010 vibe GT power outlet and cigerette lighter

Post by MacGyver »

There are three modules under the driver's seat - inverter, OnStar, and Stabilitrak. If the inverter is dead or has been removed, inverter won't work.

Here are instructions to disassemble the center console and have a peek to see if the wires behind are still connected. It seems suspicious that both are not working, considering they are both on separate fused circuits.
2009 Vibe Base