Interior light and outlets

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Ugetmyvibe

Interior light and outlets

Post by Ugetmyvibe »

Hi guys! For some reason the interior light and the cigarette lighter sockets don't work in my 03 vibe. Does anyone know how to fix it or has anyone felt with it before? Thanks!
Derf

Re: Interior light and outlets

Post by Derf »

What steps have you taken to trouble shoot the issue, check fuses, connectors? Anything happen to the car just prior to the outage, dead battery, heavy rain?
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
jolt

Post by jolt »

Shorted out cigarette lighter that took the fuse out? I have found that in a car in the past.
Ugetmyvibe

Post by Ugetmyvibe »

I haven't been able to find the fuses (the car is new to me). But I replaced the interior bulb incase.
jolt

Post by jolt »

Did you look in the owners manual? It shows the fuses location and how to operate the interior lights. If you used the search on this forum, it will take you to a link to download the manual if you do not have it.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Owners Manuals can be downloaded from viewtopic.php?t=755

The Cig 12V outlet in the dash by the shifter is powered by the CIG fuse n the under dash fuse block, near the driver's left knee. The same fuse powers the radio, so if the radio works its not the fuse (unless someone rewired the radio)

You said sockets, plural, does that mean that the 12V outlet in the floor console between the seats is also not working? That is powered by the P/POINT fuse in the under dash fuse block.

The overhead DOME light is powered by the DOME fuse, in the under hood fuse block. If not the fuse or the bulb, it could also be the dimmer switch next to the side mirror controls, or perhaps just that dimmer is set to OFF.

Theoretically could be caused by some other issue further upstream, but that would likely also affect other electrical systems as well. If other electrical things aren't working, let us know, that might indicate a common point.
Ugetmyvibe

Post by Ugetmyvibe »

I went through and replaced all the fuses under the dash and gave the ones under the hood a glance. My d8mmer switch isn't at off. I also replaced the bulbs incase.