Car Toys

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Black2010GT

Car Toys

Post by Black2010GT »

I recently had a bad experience at Car Toys when I went in to get a quote on a head unit and they tried to sell me an additional amplifier and sunbwoofer. They told me a certain part wasn't made anymore that connected the aftermarket head unit to the OEM amp and sub. Has anyone else had that experience or have you been able to add your aftermarket head unit and have it play nice with your stock speakers and sub? It's a double din touchscreen unit going into a 2010 Vibe GT with all stock equipment currently. Any experience or knowledge is helpful. Thanks.
pakong

Re: Car Toys

Post by pakong »

That sounds like some BS to me. LOL What was the exact make and model of your head unit. Most of us here are DIY.
Black2010GT

Post by Black2010GT »

I thought so too, so I let them walk me through it to see where I would end up, fully knowing when I walked out I would never be back. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $500-$600 in labor costs alone. Absolutely ridiculous. There was one time I thought I was going to betray myself with a laugh, but I played it off like a sneeze. Lol. The head unit was a Pioneer AVH4201NX. I have a couple photos of the sales worksheet that show everything they tried to pawn on me.
pakong

Post by pakong »

Just go to Crutchfield.com and order the proper connectors. It will be easier on your pocket and mind. :D