Who has Upgraded Battery and Alt?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
53Bowtie

Who has Upgraded Battery and Alt?

Post by 53Bowtie »

Hi All,

Wondering who has upgraded their batter to an AGM style and also who has upgraded to a higher output alternator? What brand did you have good luck with and where did you find the best deal?

Thanks!
Thomas
Thomas

Josey (Jo-Jo) - 2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L Base, 139k and counting (Daily)
James - 2002 Reg Cab Silverado, few mods (Race Truck)
MacGyver

Re: Who has Upgraded Battery and Alt?

Post by MacGyver »

For me, just replacing the OEM battery and its pathetic 330CCA with a new lead-acid battery of the same size but with 650CCA from WalMart was a breath of fresh air.

There are only three manufacturers of car batteries in North America and dozens of different names slapped on them, so brand doesn't matter much.
2009 Vibe Base
53Bowtie

Post by 53Bowtie »

MacGyver wrote:For me, just replacing the OEM battery and its pathetic 330CCA with a new lead-acid battery of the same size but with 650CCA from WalMart was a breath of fresh air.

There are only three manufacturers of car batteries in North America and dozens of different names slapped on them, so brand doesn't matter much.
Thanks or the input Mac! Anyone else have any experience with upgrading to an HO alt?
Thomas

Josey (Jo-Jo) - 2009 Pontiac Vibe 1.8L Base, 139k and counting (Daily)
James - 2002 Reg Cab Silverado, few mods (Race Truck)
ehoff121

Post by ehoff121 »

I've done an AGM upgrade on a larger Toyota Highlander and would say it was worthwhile.

Are you doing an audio install that will need more amps than the stock alt can provide?
2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD - Platinum