Bulbs for center console climate control dials

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
bigdoug

Bulbs for center console climate control dials

Post by bigdoug »

This is a stupid question, because I know I saw this answered a while ago, but I can't find it. Does anyone know what the lightbulbs are for the center console ac/heater dials? I have a bunch of stuff I'm planning on ordering from superbrightleds.com and I'm just waiting on figuring out which ones are those before I place the order.
joatmon

Re: Bulbs for center console climate control dials

Post by joatmon »

For a 2009, in viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45247
MacGyver wrote:Installed white LEDs in the HVAC controls and gear shift indicators. Yay, no more orange lights, which I never liked.

I used T4 Neo Wedge for the HVAC controls, and a 74 LED for the shifter.
However, I see from viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45627 that you have a 2004, so

for 2003-2008, there's viewtopic.php?f=18&t=26619
DavidPIL wrote: I recently though, went to http://autolumination.com/74.htm and ordered the Type "B" Neo - Wedge LED bulb + base which cost me around $3 for 1. I think an incandescent bulb works better because of the confined space and the need for it to be omni-directional to light the panel correctly.
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Might be a good idea to buy extras as you stand a good chance at losing some down the dash while trying to replace. You may or may not ever see them again. Just speaking from experience. ;)
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
bigdoug

Post by bigdoug »

If I'm going to have the center of the dash board pulled apart I figured I'd go ahead and replace some of the other lights as well. I was in a junk yard and practicing pulling it all apart before I try it on my own car. I can see how difficult it will be to change the bulbs especially the left one. Right one seems easier.

Anyone know what lightbulb type the automatic shifter light is? I think I read #74 on this board somewhere.

And I have the cigarette lighter option with the green ring around the socket. I pulled the lightbulb from a junker and this is what it looks like:
lightbulb.jpg
lightbulb.jpg (41.74 KiB) Viewed 1837 times
I have a feeling this is a special bulb that is dealer only. However, if someone could get a LED of it, the lens around the socket is clear, so you could change the color of the ring if you wanted.

The rest of the bulbs for the buttons looked like nox t4 or t3.