Disabling the security "re-lock" on 04

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
CassAndI

Disabling the security "re-lock" on 04

Post by CassAndI »

I've searched and searched, found a couple threads where this topic came up, but never found an answer.

I have an 04 GT 6-speed manual. It has the super annoying "security" feature that locks the doors 30 seconds after you press the unlock button on the fob, if you don't open any doors. I get the idea behind it. If you accidentally hit the button in your pocket or something it's an extra security measure. However, I have found this to be super annoying every time it does it. I can't ever know for sure if my car is actually open or not.

So my question is, does anybody know if you can disable this feature? I've seen several threads on programming key fobs, and disabling the autolock (Not what I'm talking about), but this is especially hard to find, as I don't really know how to google it without a name for it. If I could find a way to disable it, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
jayoldschool

Re: Disabling the security "re-lock" on 04

Post by jayoldschool »

You can probably do it with a good (dealer/pro shop) scan tool. It will be in the menus.
jolt

Post by jolt »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDpldAv0uQE

This video quickly goes over the Techstream software that is used to change options in Toyota vehicles. Each car has it own options that the software pulls up by reading the cars VIN number. I know that the software works with the Vibe as I have changed some settings. When selecting the vehicle choose the same year Toyota Matrix as Vibe is not on the drop down list. I do not know if the change you want to make are possible, I was changing light options.
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

I owned a 2006 Matrix and this drove me crazy. I was never able to figure out if there was a way to disable it.

Fortunately on the 2009+ this can be disabled with the GM Tech2 scantool at a GM dealer. I also enabled unlocking all doors on the first remote button press.
2009 Vibe Base
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

We've got a top line SnapOn scanner at work. I'll see if I can find some time to try it on my 04 this week and find the setting.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Ha. I always thought this was just a quirk with my fob for my 2004.

I used to wheel my bicycle out by the car and get ready for my commute. I'd unlock the car door so I could grab a stick of gum, then put my keys in my saddle bag and zip it closed. Usually right about when I'd reach for the door handle they'd lock on me. Way beyond simply annoying. That wasn't the only time it did it, just the most annoying.

Never have noticed this with my 08, though.
'08 Base Stealth, '05 Base Satellite