No fog lights, but I have checked the obvious things

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Toddman214

No fog lights, but I have checked the obvious things

Post by Toddman214 »

Hi all. New member here.

I have a 2006 Vibe, that the fog lights both stopped working. I can't tell you if they stopped working at the same time, but that is my suspicion, due to what I have tried. Here is what I have done/checked so far.

- Both bulbs replaced
- Checked fog light switch. The fog light dash led does turn on, so the switch works.
- Checked the fuse, and it is not blown, but still tried a known working 15a fuse.
- Checked relay by swapping with horn relay, which is the same.

Anything else I can check that could be an issue, and easily accessible. Not sure I'd be able to trace the wires around.

Thanks all.

Todd
MacGyver

Re: No fog lights, but I have checked the obvious things

Post by MacGyver »

Are you getting power at the light sockets? Use a multimeter, and keep tracing back. Sounds like a wire got cut or chewed between the relay and the lamps.
2009 Vibe Base
302LVR

Re: No fog lights, but I have checked the obvious things

Post by 302LVR »

This may sound dumb but just adding some feedback since i recently had the same issue on one of my vehicles. Even after adding a new relay try wiggling it around or making sure the female connectors are tight enough to make contact as sometimes they don't. U might be able to close them up a bit just in case it's a bad contact. Also, make sure your headlights aren't in the HIGH beam position. Other then that, the only thing i can suggest is checking your wires with a multi-meter like suggested above especially for proper ground if u see any corrosion on the body or any ground connections. Hope that helps.