Had the pleasure of replacing the cig lighter fuse....!

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
gginnj

Had the pleasure of replacing the cig lighter fuse....!

Post by gginnj »

Well, my theory is that Toyota expects only very short thin contortionists will be driving vibes - why else would they put that fuse box where it's at???

Well, for what it's worth, the fuse puller that is in the fuse box in the engine compartment really is the best puller for those fuses
as you can push it onto the fuse fairly easily and pull it out. works better than the fuse puller that comes with the pack of fuses.

Now for some ibuprofen.....
BenWA

Re: Had the pleasure of replacing the cig lighter fuse....!

Post by BenWA »

In old 70s-90s Dodge vans, the fuse panel is under the glove box door, which up on top of the dash. It couldn't be any easier.

http://www.realityoneradio.com/ztek/stu ... OVEBOX.JPG
2003 Vibe Base A/T
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

My cig lighter can short out fairly easily, so I've replaced that fuse a number of times. I use a mirror, a flashlight and a long latching surgical forceps,
4cep.jpg
4cep.jpg (10.02 KiB) Viewed 3025 times
can change the fuse kneeling on the ground by the open driver door, no contortionist skills required
gginnj

Post by gginnj »

yeah, I thought about trying the mirror/flashlight method next time as well - will have to look into getting some long nose locking forceps.
That would require leaving the fuse block cover off as well - but I guess with a little manipulation, you could unlock that as well with the forceps.

Thanks
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Good point. I havent had the cover on the under dash fuse block for probably 12 years