Driver's side window problem - 2004 Vibe

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
vegetony

Driver's side window problem - 2004 Vibe

Post by vegetony »

I have a base 2004 Vibe. Awhile back I took my car in to my local dealer for the window bolt recall. Prior to that time I had no problems with the windows. Afterwards, maybe some weeks or a couple of months later, I had problems. The window would have problems going up and/or down. I would have to manually lift the window to close it. I had no confidence in returning to the dealer, so just lived with it.

I did my searching through the website and thought to tackle it myself. After taking off the inner door skin I found the left window clip was broken:

I bought a clip that I believed fit the vibe, and bolted it in:

I noticed the regulator arm did not seem to line up with the window, but I put some silicone adhesive in and tried it. Rolled up the window, let it cure for 24 hours, and the next day rolled down the window. The clip came off.
Notwithstanding the fact I may not have used the right adhesive, or did not prep the window enough. (I did scrape and used some cleaning fluid on it.) I think the clip or window would eventually break, as the clip did before. I think there is too much torque on it.

So, my question is: Is there a bolt or other adjustment to the regulator to move it over so it fits properly. I checked the window glass and it seems to be in its track alright. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
vegetony

Re: Driver's side window problem - 2004 Vibe

Post by vegetony »

I don't know how to post pics well. Maybe this will work