What are these loose connectors in the cargo area?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
bigdoug

What are these loose connectors in the cargo area?

Post by bigdoug »

I discovered that, although the dealership had done a good job cleaning and detailing the interior, they had missed the area under the trunk floor where the spare is. Woodchips, dirt... it was obvious the thing had been used properly.

While cleaning I had ended up pulling off the plastic passenger side panel, and ended up finding two connectors that were not connected to anything. A white one under the smaller black organizer, and a black one hidden above the tire.
plug.jpg
plug.jpg (43 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
plug2.jpg
plug2.jpg (42.35 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
The black one I'm assuming is for the subwoofer that isn't there (and made me think there WAS a subwoofer and it was removed for some reason.
But what's the white one for?
I noticed in the smaller organizing tray, there's a punch out area in front of the connector. So it's there for a reason.
plugdoor.jpg
plugdoor.jpg (59.94 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
joatmon

Re: What are these loose connectors in the cargo area?

Post by joatmon »

The black one is for the optional XM radio receiver
- viewtopic.php?f=29&t=45151
Don't know what the white one is for, maybe that's for the subwoofer
bigdoug

Post by bigdoug »

Yea, I was finally able to get access to some online electrical diagrams. The black one is for an optional XM radio.

And yes, the white one is the subwoofer. Not sure why it's pointing forward towards that punch-out panel. Maybe so you can install something aftermarket. It seems to have four wires, since it's dual coil you have two grounds and two power. Didn't remember which wire was which.
pakong

Post by pakong »

What year and model is this vehicle? I'm assuming that you don't have moon and tunes?