No lights!

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Duravibe

No lights!

Post by Duravibe »

2007 pontiac vibe base model 5 speed manual. I went to start my car and the seatbelt beeper beeped once and all the lights went out! I have no dash lights (except check engine and airbag, and door open when the door is open) no tail lights, no reverse lights, the 110V outlet dosnt work, signals dont work, brights dont stay on, headlight dont work, but the radio does work and so do 4 ways. I really need help here, i need the car to go to work on Monday and dont have a whole lot of money to fix. Any help is much appreciated.
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake
Derf

Re: No lights!

Post by Derf »

Did you turn the key hear the starter engage, then the everything went out? Or were you getting ready to turn the key and noticed the lights were out. Their is a fuse and relay control box on the driver side just up from the battery. Their are some other threads on the site that might help:
Here is a diagram of how the car system tie together
http://forums.genvibe.com/files/importe ... -012ps.pdf
This post mentions the tail lights, not sure same circuit powers the dash
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=43548&p=497992&hil ... ht#p497992
2005 #10,524 Neptune Vibe "Bandit" Auto, Moon & Tunes 235k :D
1991 Pontiac Bonneville 3.8L "Granny's Whip" 142k (33nd Anniversary :o )
Duravibe

Post by Duravibe »

I turned the key to the on position but didnt try to start it, then the seatbelt chime dinged once and stopped which has never happened before and then there was no dash. The car starts and runs just fine but i cant see any of the dash.
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Do the gauges still work if you shine a flashlight in there? See if the tach and fuel gauges still register?

See viewtopic.php?f=18&t=45406&p=514352#p514352
2009 Vibe Base
Duravibe

Post by Duravibe »

None of the gauges work
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

Duravibe wrote:None of the gauges work
Check every fuse, both under the dash and under the hood. I'm also thinking a master relay somewhere has failed.

Has your Vibe had the ECM recall If not, this would be a good time to check your VIN with a local dealer.
2009 Vibe Base
jolt

Post by jolt »

Time to get out your voltmeter and start tracing down where you lost power (voltage) at in the electrical system and check for shorts to ground. Remember that fuses are a safety device and never the cause. A blown fuse is the result of a problem somewhere in that electrical branch and not the problem. The fuse will tel you which branch you need to check out.