AC/Heater Blower and AC light not working.....

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
UpsideDown2007

AC/Heater Blower and AC light not working.....

Post by UpsideDown2007 »

Ok, i know there is a ton of threads about this blower issue and let me assure you that i believe i have tried all the suggested fixes. So let me tell you whats happening. I just bought a 2007 base vibe for my son and everything worked well, ac blew cold, heat was hot, fan worked on all speeds no problems. The other day the fan stopped and ac light went out. We turned the fan switch off and back on and it worked for about 30 sec. Now no fan or ac light at all, i cant hear the compressor click either but the switch does click at each setting. So, i replaced the resistor, checked the (2) 10amp and 40amp fuses,the 100amp fuse and the MG relay under the hood all good and i wiggled the heater relay it was secure. Even pulled the blower motor and powered it straight off 12volts it works great. The only thing i had done to the car was we installed a stereo from crutchfield about 2 weeks ago but things worked fine after that. I took that out and couldn't see all that much behind the switches but there was a grey 2 pin connector poking up from way down in there. It looked like it was for another option because it was short wiring and seemed to have no wear marks on it, and i couldn't see where it would plug in at. Whew, that's where i'm at and my kid is really needing his car ( or so he thinks ) LOL. Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm not too keen on paying the dealer so much for a fix. :? :?:
Chiadog

Re: AC/Heater Blower and AC light not working.....

Post by Chiadog »

UpsideDown2007 wrote:The other day the fan stopped and ac light went out. We turned the fan switch off and back on and it worked for about 30 sec. Now no fan or ac light at all, i cant hear the compressor click either but the switch does click at each setting....
Have you had any progress with this problem? Note that the AC or the AC light can not energize without the fan running, therefore, No fan - No click! FWIW. From your narrative, I'd check the fan switch. Other possibilities include open circuit in power supply or an open ground. Should'nt be a fuse with the on-off-on you mentioned. Beyond that, you may need a good wiring diagram.
UpsideDown2007

Post by UpsideDown2007 »

Well, I went a got a Haynes manual today plus a test light. Also my multimeter and made some lead wires. I'm gonna get after this tonight and tomorrow. Wish me luck!!! :?
UpsideDown2007

Post by UpsideDown2007 »

Alright, all fixed. It was the blower moter relay (heater relay) . $60 @ advance auto. Search YouTube for help, chances are somebody else has had same trouble.
Chiadog

Post by Chiadog »

Congrats! Youtube is a great resource. Thanks for the update.