Base Model "upgrades"

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
Plcd22

Base Model "upgrades"

Post by Plcd22 »

I am curious about the electrical systems and how the base is different from other models:

Question:
I have an 03 base model vibe with NO power anything except for the mirrors. Is the wiring harness still the same as other models with more "options"? If so is it possible (without a ton of expense) to add cruise control to my base model? Or are all kinds of components missing that I would need?

I do a bit of highway driving and I am constantly catching myself over 80 because this baby just goes (once it gets there). This 1.8 may be small but it cruises well! :)

Thanks in advance for your time!
03 Base Model Vibe - 5spd man, manual windows & locks, only thing powered is the mirrors :D
Bought it in March 2016 with 153k for $2000 - for a work vehicle because of the cargo space, but I am really liking it for more than just work!
MacGyver

Re: Base Model "upgrades"

Post by MacGyver »

On 2005 and up Vibes, adding cruise control is as simple as adding the switch to the steering wheel, because all the wiring is already there.

Unfortunately, not the case for 03/04 as your vehicle uses a throttle cable and not an electronic throttle (drive by wire), so a lot of additional hardware is required.

See viewtopic.php?t=6624
2009 Vibe Base
Plcd22

Post by Plcd22 »

MacGyver wrote:On 2005 and up Vibes, adding cruise control is as simple as adding the switch to the steering wheel, because all the wiring is already there.

Unfortunately, not the case for 03/04 as your vehicle uses a throttle cable and not an electronic throttle (drive by wire), so a lot of additional hardware is required.

See viewtopic.php?t=6624
Thanks, I figured mine would be that way :(
03 Base Model Vibe - 5spd man, manual windows & locks, only thing powered is the mirrors :D
Bought it in March 2016 with 153k for $2000 - for a work vehicle because of the cargo space, but I am really liking it for more than just work!
jolt

Post by jolt »

If you want cruise control, then check this:

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/vibe/
Plcd22

Post by Plcd22 »

jolt wrote:If you want cruise control, then check this:

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/vibe/
WOW $304 for a complete kit including the "universal disengagement clutch" - would this be hard to do? Has anyone done this before on here?

Thanks for all the help so far! :)
jolt

Post by jolt »

Look around that site and you can ask them, it is their kit.

http://www.thecruisecontrolstore.com/cr ... ta-matrix/