Brand New Clarion-NX706 Navigation Receiver

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
bwflorida

Brand New Clarion-NX706 Navigation Receiver

Post by bwflorida »

Yeah, it's expensive, but I like the 7" display and the specs on this in-dash navigation receiver.
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_020NX706/C ... NX706.html
The Crutchfield page states it will fit my 2006 Vibe with M&T.
Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks!
BenWA

Re: Brand New Clarion-NX706 Navigation Receiver

Post by BenWA »

$1000? YIkes!!!
2003 Vibe Base A/T
bwflorida

Post by bwflorida »

BenWA wrote:$1000? YIkes!!!
Yep... plus parts and installation. :o
kumquat

Post by kumquat »

Looks pretty nice, but at that price I'd be looking for something with Android Auto/CarPlay.
samsonite

Post by samsonite »

Hey if money is no object... lol.
bwflorida

Post by bwflorida »

kumquat wrote:Looks pretty nice, but at that price I'd be looking for something with Android Auto/CarPlay.
Good suggestion, I didn't think about that, thanks.
bwflorida

Post by bwflorida »

kumquat wrote:Looks pretty nice, but at that price I'd be looking for something with Android Auto/CarPlay.
kumquat... I'm just starting to learn about navigation units, so based on your comment, I looked into Android Auto but I'm not sure what advantages AA provides, since the NX706 already has navigation built-in.
Also, it appear AA requires 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, and I don't know if that's available for my Galaxy S4.
kumquat

Post by kumquat »

Android Auto gives you Google Maps navigation with real-time traffic, up-to-date maps, etc. Voice control, voice SMS, access to all your Spotify or Google Play Music,

It does require Lollipop, which your S4 probably doesn't have. But that S4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and you'll probably have the car a lot longer than your current phone.

There are units, like the Pioneer AVIC units, that have built-in navigation in addition to Android Auto and Carplay, and cost under $1k.
bwflorida

Post by bwflorida »

kumquat wrote:Android Auto gives you Google Maps navigation with real-time traffic, up-to-date maps, etc. Voice control, voice SMS, access to all your Spotify or Google Play Music, It does require Lollipop, which your S4 probably doesn't have. But that S4 is getting a bit long in the tooth and you'll probably have the car a lot longer than your current phone. There are units, like the Pioneer AVIC units, that have built-in navigation in addition to Android Auto and Carplay, and cost under $1k.
Thanks! I'll check out the Pioneer units.
BenWA

Post by BenWA »

You might want to refer to my recent $170 Android head unit thread which just a few posts below this one in the board index. Other units can be had for under $400 if you don't want that exact one.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44971
2003 Vibe Base A/T
bwflorida

Post by bwflorida »

BenWA wrote:You might want to refer to my recent $170 Android head unit thread which just a few posts below this one in the board index. Other units can be had for under $400 if you don't want that exact one.
Thanks!