I Love Crutchfield

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
MrWhoopee

I Love Crutchfield

Post by MrWhoopee »

This is the third time I've ordered a stereo w/ installation kit from them. Tell them what car, pick your stereo and pay. I got a nice JVC USB/CD receiver with installation kit and wiring adapter harness. It arrived this afternoon. The most time was spent splicing the adapter harness wires to the included JVC connector (I soldered and heat-shrink insulated the splices). With the included install kit, it bolted right in to the original mounting points. It took about 2-1/2 hours total and works perfectly. $74.99, including shipping and everything. They've made stereo installation just about as close to plug n play as it can be.

I have no affiliation with Crutchfield and have received no compensation nor inducement for this endorsement. I'm just a satisfied customer.

Craig
Craig
'06 Matrix Base AWD
kumquat

Re: I Love Crutchfield

Post by kumquat »

Crutchfield is great. Sonic Electronix is pretty great too. You get a bit less handholding, but better prices over a similar selection. They include installation kits and harnesses on most of their head units too.

I do love getting the Crutchfield catalogs, and I love their website. I order from them when the price difference isn't much.
treesleavedents

Re: I Love Crutchfield

Post by treesleavedents »

I will admit you do end up paying more for it to be closer to Plug and Play. But crutchfield does have the best customer service of any stereo company I've interacted with. The price of the adapters is always factored into whatever you buy but it is really nice not to have to search for the correct stuff.
2003 Vibe GT. PPE exhaust. Injen CAI. Mfactory LSD. Eibach springs. Corbeau GTS2 seats. Custom stereo, lighting, sound deadening, and upholstery. http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewto ... 30&t=44330